Author Topic: Multiple players - GBA or no GBA  (Read 2070 times)

Offline interplanetjanet

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Multiple players - GBA or no GBA
« on: March 03, 2005, 11:46:49 PM »
So far, I've only played 1 player games on my Gamecube. I've been looking up multiple player games, so my hubby and I can both play at the same time. As far as I can tell, the multi-player Zelda game requires a GBA. Is this correct or am I misinterpreting what I'm reading? Is this usual or just original to Zelda? If a game doesn't say anything about needing a GBA, then is it safe to assume that it's not needed?

Thanks in advance!  

Offline smf1978

• View Profile
RE:Multiple players - GBA or no GBA?
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2005, 01:56:12 AM »
Yes four swords does require multiple GBA's.   This is not the only game that requires this but it is not the norm.  You can find many multiplayer games that allow you to play with just the controllers.  If the game requires GBA's for multiplayer, it will tell you on the box or in the manual.  Honestly though, you should find multiple titles for you and your husband to play together.  Some titles that my wife and I enjoy together are Mario Kart, Mario Tennis, and Mario Party.  Good luck on the search and have fun.  

Offline mikazo

• View Profile
RE:Multiple players - GBA or no GBA?
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2005, 02:48:27 PM »
Super Smash Bros Melee is a good multiplayer game. It's pretty much the only game we play on Gamecube when I have friends over.

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE: Multiple players - GBA or no GBA?
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2005, 05:30:27 PM »
A few great multiplayer titles, none of which requires GBAs:

Super Smash Brothers Melee (and the better you get the more fun it becomes)
Super Monkey Ball 2 (fun for everyone)
Alien Hominid (a classic but challenging two player game; has another, simpler four player mode which is also fun)
Pikmin 2 (mostly a great single player game, but the two player mode had me and my friend laughing our asses off, great fun)

I'm afraid I can't remember too many.  I usually buy games with intense single player gameplay, my friend is often the one to buy multiplayer games.

You can play Zelda: Four Swords with a controller only in single player mode, but yes, in multiplayer every person playing needs a GBA and a connecting cord.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
RE: Multiple players - GBA or no GBA?
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2005, 06:44:54 PM »
I'd recommend Soul Calibur 2 since that steals allthe attention at any party but I'm not sure whether it suits your preferences.