Author Topic: PSP vs DS  (Read 45958 times)

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
RE: PSP vs DS
« Reply #125 on: November 19, 2004, 11:18:56 AM »
Yeah but unlike big publishers indy devs don't stop developing just because it doesn't sell. Since 2d games don't appeal to the mainstream anyway it's just as well when indies develop those games for the hardcore.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
RE:PSP vs DS
« Reply #126 on: November 19, 2004, 12:31:29 PM »
Don't mean to change the current topic of conversation but there is a little review of the DS by ABCNews.com

ABC News DS Review

I managed 7 1/2 hours of battery life on a single charge, playing graphics-intensive games, blasting the music through the stereo speakers and connecting online with another DS.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 19, 2004, 12:54:27 PM »
Good find.  Question:  will the intensity of the graphics make a difference in battery life on the DS?  I thought it was the only reason it made a difference with the PSP is because of the spinning disc.  Since the DS isn't disc-based wouldn't graphics play a negligible part in determining battery usage?
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 19, 2004, 01:21:41 PM »
I thought it also had something to do with the processing power usage of the CPU & GPU ins the PSP.......

but I could be wrong

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 19, 2004, 07:15:33 PM »
According to some comments I read from developers the disk drive is less of a problem than the CPU/VPU (yes, the programmer's most feared chip is back!) construct.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 20, 2004, 09:49:06 AM »
Here is another review from
PCMag.com

No need to worry about battery life on DS

Its lithium ion battery is rated for 6 to 10 hours of game play and takes 4 hours to charge; we found that the battery lasted eight and a half hours during informal rundown tests.

Offline Renny

• Satin
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 20, 2004, 10:17:01 AM »
What battery does the current DS have? Pre-production had an 860mAh battery. That would put the system's draw in the 100-120mA range. I'd love to hear some numbers for the PSP.
"... i only see pS2s at the halfway house so its those crazy druggies playing them." - animecyberrat

Offline kirby_killer_dedede

• I SUK AT DIS ENTERNIT OK
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 20, 2004, 12:01:21 PM »
Wow, that ABC DS looks sleek.

teh gazmcoob wel r0ol teh pzp. i meen dz.
WHY HELLO THAR MR. ANDERSUN

4 8 15 16 23 42