Author Topic: Sonic Mega Collection Plus for Xbox  (Read 3647 times)

Offline couchmonkey

• I tye dyed my Wii and I love it
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
Sonic Mega Collection Plus for Xbox
« on: August 11, 2004, 07:07:54 AM »
I saw an announcement for this game on IGN....it looks like it contains everything the GameCube version did plus a bunch more...what is wrong with Sega?  Their games seem to sell like crap on the Xbox yet the company continues to give MS more hardcore support than Nintendo or Sony.  This wouldn't even bother me as much if Sony were getting a version too, but it's clear favourtism, with no real motivation.  The only explanation I can think of is that Microsoft has a closet full of money hats with "SEGA" written on the door.
That's my opinion, not yours.
Now Playing: The Adventures of Link, Super Street Fighter 4, Dragon Quest IX

Offline DrZoidberg

• Secreted by the Internet Bee
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: Sonic Mega Collection Plus for Xbox
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2004, 09:26:54 AM »
Oh I thought Sony was getting a version of Sunik Mega Correction
OUT OF DATE.

Offline darknight06

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2004, 10:24:40 AM »
Whoa, I originally thought it was just Sony that was getting this.  Well, I take it Sega found a way to emulate Sonic CD cuz it appears to be included in this release.

Offline Djunknown

• HEY! HEY! LISTEN!
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
RE:Sonic Mega Collection Plus for Xbox
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2004, 01:58:34 PM »
I wonder what excuse they'll have for NOT porting Sonic CD? They have 4gigs on PS2, and I believe 8-9 on the 'Box. Sorry Sega, but the original Sonic fans remember...

Djunk: Um, you forgot Sonic CD...

Sonic Team: What Sonic CD? There's no Sonic CD!

Djunk: *shows Sega CD jewel case*

Sonic Team: Where'd you get that? Break his legs!

And headlines read: A gamer's dream turns into a nightmare when a Sega fan got the once-in-a-lifetime offer to vist Sega headquarters, and is reported missing. Eye-witneness last saw the fan carrying what seemed to be an oversized jewel case....  
Ma ma sa, ma ma coo sa
Ma ma se, ma ma sa,
Ma ma coo sa

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2004, 07:55:59 PM »
Oh. Sonic CD isn't going to be on either the PS2 or Xbox version of Sonic Mega Collection Plus. It'll have all the games found in the GC version, plus a few Game Gear games (not all of them, like in Sonic Adventure DX) which is a hilariously dumb decision. Plus The Ooze and Comix Zone (which were cut from the US/PAL SMC for GC). And er, more bonus content.

Sonic Team fail at effort.

Offline darknight06

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2004, 05:21:41 AM »
Ok, I stand corrected then.  I remember Sonic Team saying something around the lines of "we'd have to reprogram the entire game if it was to be emulated." They said it had nothing to do with storage space, so I'm guessing that they haven't found a truly efficient way of handling it.

Offline couchmonkey

• I tye dyed my Wii and I love it
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2004, 12:23:48 PM »
I also stand corrected, since the game seems to be coming to PS2.  Still disappointing that all of Nintendo's major Sega exclusives have been ported to the other consoles, though.
That's my opinion, not yours.
Now Playing: The Adventures of Link, Super Street Fighter 4, Dragon Quest IX

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2004, 01:45:28 PM »
I blame the Nintendo players who didn't buy Beach Spikers for not making Beach Spikers "major."  
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2004, 03:00:12 PM »
Seriously, I am VERY happy that Sonic CD won't be on either the PS2 or Xbox version...That means that *I'D* have to go out and buy another copy of the damn game to play Sonic CD, which I REALLY don't feel like doing...Thank you, Sega...Now if you put it in as an extra in a future game maybe we can forget all this ever happened... ^_^
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline The Omen

• Forum Fascist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2004, 03:05:34 PM »
Sega=smartest developers of all time!
"If a man comes to the door of poetry untouched by the madness of the muses, believing that technique alone will make him a great poet, he and his sane compositions never reach perfection, but are utterly eclipsed by the inspired madman." Socrates

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2004, 12:38:15 PM »

I also stand corrected, since the game seems to be coming to PS2.  Still disappointing that all of Nintendo's major Sega exclusives have been ported to the other consoles, though.

We still have our mildly updated Sonic Adventure 2! And Sonic Adventure, if you don't count the Dreamcast!  
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline odifiend

• "Who's the tough guy now Vinnie?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2004, 12:45:32 PM »
My new year's resolution is to be as optimistic as the mouse. (^_^)
Kiss the Cynic!

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2004, 12:48:43 PM »
This doesn't really bother me.  The extras aren't much and this game has been out on the Cube for so long that if, for some weird reason, someone was willing to buy a Cube for it they already have.  A port this late doesn't concern me.  Odds are it won't sell very well anyway (delayed ports rarely do) and that would mean the Cube version sold best which is always a good thing.

As an owner of the Cube version I personally am glad they didn't add Sonic CD.  Still from a game purist perspective it bugs me that they had a chance to "fix" this collection and make it definitive and chose not to.  Sonic CD should be on the collection.  The ideal scenario would be if they had added it to this version and then offered a standalone Cube port of Sonic CD as a mail order or something.  Or make a Mega Collection 2 for the Cube with Sonic CD, Knuckles Chaotix, Sonic R, that Sonic fighting game, and the Sonic arcade game.

Was anyone besides me upset that the Genesis version of Sonic 3D Blast was included instead of the superior Saturn version?  I mean the game sucks anyway but from a historical perspective the definitive version should be the one included.

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2004, 07:16:57 PM »

Originally posted by: Ian Sane

Was anyone besides me upset that the Genesis version of Sonic 3D Blast was included instead of the superior Saturn version?  I mean the game sucks anyway but from a historical perspective the definitive version should be the one included.

It's Sonic Mega Collection (Mega Drive). Not Sonic Saturn Collection.
Oh wait, Sega have totally stuffed that title now considering SMC Plus will have Game Gear games.