Author Topic: Please help!!!  (Read 1500 times)

Offline Snake 'n' Bake

• USER HOSTED BY ANGELFIRE
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Please help!!!
« on: May 17, 2004, 12:29:10 AM »
I really want to do internet comics with good quality like those at Ctrl+Alt+Del-online.com, so I looked at the CAD forums and Tim Buckley (the cartoonist) says he uses Photoshop. I have an Adobe Photoshop CS 30-day trial and I really liked using it but my dad says it's too expensive for the full product (1150 bucks!!!) so I'd like to know if there are any other programs like it, if so please tell me.
"So what, is the toilet seat the uncle?" ~ Futurama

Offline Uncle Rich AiAi

• Abandoner
    • View Profile
RE: Please help!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2004, 12:46:53 AM »
Get in touch with the guys who stole the MGS3 demo from E3.  They should be able to get you a copy of Adobe Photoshop.

Offline Shift Key

• MISTER HAPPY-GO-LUCKY
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
RE:Please help!!!
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2004, 12:51:27 AM »
There are a whole heap of Photoshop styles available (I think CS is the top-of-the-line) but they aren't cheap either.

I'm gonna revive a trend of taking swipes at software and suggest you have a look at the GIMP project www.gimp.org. I wish I could tell you from experience about it, but it seems to be a Linux perennial. *e-shrug*

EDIT: Best part - its free. And its available for most operating systems too.

Offline Ocarina Blue

• View Profile
RE: Please help!!!
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2004, 11:00:39 PM »
The GIMP is a good tool, though not as user-friendly as Photoshop. It has a Windows port, but it can be a bitch to install, and isnĀ“t as stable as the Linux version. Still, when I was using MS, I had more crashes from IE than The GIMP. I would recommend it over anything else I can think of.
Om mani padme hum.