Author Topic: Paper Mario2 announced!!!  (Read 10275 times)

Offline mjbd

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:Paper Mario2 announced!!!
« Reply #50 on: April 04, 2004, 12:42:05 PM »
When I first played Paper Marioon the N64, I didnt care for it.  But I only played for about 15 minutes.  At the time, I didnt like RPG's.  I thought they were boring.  The game that change my mind was Ogre Battle 64, one of my favorite games of all time.  I am now much more open to RPG's, and wanted to give Paper Mario another try.  I dont care to buy games used, being that I dont know how well they were taken care of prior to my purchase, but luckely I was able to find a brand new copy on ebay today for $35, kinda pricey for a N64 game, but its demand is pretty high.  Looking forward to getting it in the mail, and I am sure when I am done with that I will be looking forward to the GCN sequel.
Formerly Known As Mike_OPN2000

Offline Mannypon

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE: Paper Mario2 announced!!!
« Reply #51 on: April 06, 2004, 09:31:33 AM »
dam all this talk has got me in the mood to dust off my n64 and give paper mario another run lol.  But onto the topic, paper mario 2 looks almost identical to the first cept in higher resolution and of course better colors and whatnot.  From the pics Ive seen, it seems they might still be using the buddy system again.  I agree somewhat wit lan though in the sence that I'll like to see a mario rpg 2 since I loved the snes one.  There was just something special about seein mario run around in an rpg world, visiting towns and having turn based battles with a group.  A little off topic now, if square and nintendo were to get together again to make another colab rpg I think they should skip on mario rpg and make a nintendo rpg somewhat like kingdom hearts but with all of nintendo's franchises.  You can visit the mushroom kingdom, hyrule, planet zebes, the world of star fox, earthbound's world.  and whatever else you'll like to add.  It'll be nice if you had the option of creating the main character and have the main characters look slightly change dependin on what world you go to in order to fit in a lil better.  Like if you go to hyrule, the game will use the cell shaded look and all the characters are cell shaded and so on.

Offline mjbd

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 06, 2004, 03:33:31 PM »
I have made the mistake in the past of judging a game by screen schots.  I thought Mario Kart DD looked horrible from the screenshots, but one the game is in motion, it was very nice.  So the same will probably hold true with this game.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 06, 2004, 09:18:09 PM »
Manny: That'd be called the Captain N RPG.

Offline Smashman

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 07, 2004, 08:15:41 AM »
This will surely make GC the best system of all time, if it is not already!

Paper Mario pwned M&L and SMPRG.
I am the one and only Smashman. Don't believe me? Well, then. I shall entomb you!

Offline PaLaDiN

• I'm your new travel agent!
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 07, 2004, 11:12:54 AM »
What's wrong with paper airplanes?

How quickly you forget Luigi Board in M&L. Nothing wrong with that.
<BR><BR>It shone, pale as bone, <BR>As I stood there alone...

Offline Mannypon

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 08, 2004, 10:20:05 AM »
word lol, forgot all about captain n lol but yeah it would be like that in a sence but I'll prefer creatin my own character instead of using captain n or having him as one of the sub characters lol.

Offline mjbd

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 08, 2004, 03:59:59 PM »
Really looking forward to seeing more of this game when E3 rolls around.  It would be nice if this game was closer to completion than we think.

Offline Smashman

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 09, 2004, 01:03:13 PM »
Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars and Paper Mario were both CLASSICS. I hope they change the name from 'Paper Mario 2' to something else, to make it less sequel-ish, much like they did with Melee.

Maybe or Svelte Mario, or Super Mario "ER"PG: Too Much Liposuction.
I am the one and only Smashman. Don't believe me? Well, then. I shall entomb you!

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 09, 2004, 02:20:02 PM »
It's been a while since Ninty has spattered a number to one of their main sequels(Mario Party doesn't really count), so I wouldn't worry about a title change... ^_^
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline CHEN

• These peas taste AWESOME
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: April 10, 2004, 10:25:41 AM »
I'll Nintendo for eternity, if they'll include the original Paper Mario as a promotion item. There must be a lot of people who haven't experienced it yet, considering it was released at the end of the N64 life cycle. Someone should e-mail them or something.

Offline WuTangTurtle

• aka ShaolinKilla
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 11, 2004, 09:49:38 AM »
oh man i didnt even think that would be a possibility!

I just bought the 64 version for $30 a couple of days ago.

sigh........

Offline Berny

• Seriously.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 11, 2004, 01:33:09 PM »

Originally posted by: CHEN
I'll Nintendo for eternity, if they'll include the original Paper Mario as a promotion item. There must be a lot of people who haven't experienced it yet, considering it was released at the end of the N64 life cycle. Someone should e-mail them or something.

A Paper Mario Promotional item? Wouldn't that be a paper cut out of Mario? Meh, at least it's cheap.
has 6 gmail invites. wants to rid himself of them. email for gmail.