Author Topic: Old final fantasies on gba  (Read 1890 times)

Offline Pikkcuber

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Old final fantasies on gba
« on: March 20, 2004, 09:14:27 AM »
Hey there wasa rumor a while ago about square putting some the older final fantasys on the GBA (final fantasy 2 and 3 for the snes)  these games were awesome.  Those games were the games i played most when i was a kid.  IF you havent tried them, you must.  There not like the crystal chronicals crap there real oldfashioned turnedbased rpg action with great storylines.  Though i proably beat them both like 5 times i would stiss shell out 30 bucks for them.  I have my fingers crossed for an anounce-ment at E3.  Anybody feeling the same?
PikkCuber

Offline kennyb27

• President of Nintendo. Seriously!
    • View Profile
RE: Old final fantasies on gba
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2004, 11:27:52 AM »
Although I agree with your sentiment toward the possibility of 2 and 3 on the GBA, I don't agree with your opinion on FF:CC which I thought was great.
-Kenny

Now Playing: I-Ninja (GC), Pokemon LeafGreen (GBA), Nintendogs (DS), Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour (GC)
Just Finished: Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker (GC), Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door (GC) Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap (GBA)
Need money for: Advance Wars: Dual St

Offline Draygaia

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2004, 12:16:55 PM »
Final Fantasy 1-6 would be nice.  I mean they got really weird with what certain Final Fantasy games should be released at certain times on the PSX.
www.chickenpatrol.com  Don't just eat meat.  Eat chicken.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2004, 06:20:27 PM »
I'd buy 3/6 immediately, never got to play that one. They didn't have that atrocious version of ATB that FF8 had, right? As in, "we have five layers of menues and the game doesn't pause while selecting those. Stay with using GFs over and over again".

Offline CaseyRyback

• View Profile
RE:Old final fantasies on gba
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2004, 06:48:23 PM »
I think SONY has the rights to the core FF titles. At least thats what I heard in reference to what occured when they bought 18 percent of Squaresoft

Offline Draygaia

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2004, 03:23:12 PM »
Yet Square was able to use the Final Fantasy name in Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles.  You know how easy it is just to not use the Final Fantasy name?  Its just a name that only casual gamers think of as something huger than we think about. Chrono Trigger, Xenogears, Kingdom Hearts, etc were good examples.  Althought you are right about Sony buying 18 percent of Squaresoft but I don't know about Square-Enix.  Do they still need Sony?
www.chickenpatrol.com  Don't just eat meat.  Eat chicken.

Offline rpglover

• View Profile
RE:Old final fantasies on gba
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2004, 03:24:15 PM »
yeah but square did release a reworked final fantasy 3 to the wonderswan color in japan if i am not mistaken, so a port to the gba is certainly not out of the question
i call the big one bitey.

Offline nitsu niflheim

• Eye-Candy Andy
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2004, 12:06:50 PM »
they also released 1 & 2 on the wonderswan and they were ported to the PSone, I'mnot holding my breath for a port to the GBA, it'll probably get released on PSone if at all.
Currently Reading:  Odd Apocalypse ~ Dean Koontz
Currently Watching:  ?