Author Topic: Capcom Officially Announces Mega Man Compilations  (Read 3311 times)

Offline WindyMan

• It was the dog.
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
    • WindyMan's Roller Derby Notes
Capcom Officially Announces Mega Man Compilations
« on: December 23, 2003, 07:37:38 AM »
One for the GameCube, one for the Game Boy Advance.  You know you're going to want both.

Source: Press Release

CAPCOM® BRINGS TOGETHER THE ULTIMATE MEGA MAN(tm) ANTHOLOGY IN MEGA MAN MANIA AND MEGA MAN ANNIVERSARY COLLECTION

SUNNYVALE, Calif -- December 23, 2003 -- Capcom® today takes players on a retrospective journey through the evolution of their renowned blue action hero with the announcement of the Mega Man Anniversary Collection for the PlayStation® 2 computer entertainment system and the Nintendo GameCube(tm) and Mega Man Mania for the Game Boy® Advance.

The Mega Man Anniversary Collection is an anthology of classic Mega Man games (Mega Man 1 through Mega Man 8) from the Nintendo Entertainment System, Super Nintendo Entertainment System, PlayStation game console and arcade systems. This set will also include two never-before-released-in-the-US Mega Man arcade games: Mega Man the Power Battle and Mega Man 2 the Power Fighters. Mega Man Mania will be comprised of the classic Mega Man titles (Mega Man I - V) from the Game Boy® system and offer special bonus features. Mega Man Anniversary Collection and Mega Man Mania are scheduled to be released throughout North American in spring 2004.  The ESRB (Entertainment Software Rating Board) rating is pending.

"Mega Man Mania and the Mega Man Anniversary Collection pays tribute to the brainchild behind this multimillion unit selling franchise, Keiji Inafune, and the original games that he created," said Todd Thorson, director of marketing, Capcom Entertainment. "It gives gamers, who have not experienced the Mega Man phenomenon, an opportunity to play the titles that redefined the platform genre."

In the Mega Man Anniversary Collection, players will be challenged to see if they have the skills to master some of the most extreme Mega Man titles ever released and to unlock a cache of bonus features that includes 30 minutes of anime, producer interviews and a history of the series. Both Mega Man Mania and the Mega Man Anniversary Collection provide a comprehensive look at Mega Man's progression through the years, as this near human robot embarked on his journey to become one of the longest running videogame icons to date.  Take a trip down memory lane, reliving Mega Man's numerous quests to defeat Dr. Wily and his attempts to control the world and its resources.  Gamers will reacquaint themselves with past adversaries such as Metal Man, Gemini Man, Pharaoh Man, Centaur Man, and Tengu Man, just to name a few.  Mega Man Anniversary Collection and Mega Man Mania encompass everything a new and hard-core fan would want for their existing library.

The Mega Man Anniversary Collection will include the following features:
  - 10 Mega Man games on one disk  
    -- Mega Man 1 through Mega Man 8
    -- Two never before released in the US Mega Man arcade games: Mega Man the Power Battle and Mega Man 2 the Power Fighters
  - Additional content - Unlock hidden original artwork, producer interviews (GameCube only), anime videos (PlayStation 2 only),  and information about the entire franchise
  - Updated soundtrack

The Mega Man Mania will include the following features:
  - Five original Mega Man games on one game pak
    -- Mega Man I through Mega Man V
  - Gamers can choose to play the game in its original black and white form or in an all new colorized version
  - A museum of artwork from the series

Steven says: Exclusive unlockables to each system?  That's a bit unfair, but I think GC owners are getting the better deal here, since generally the Mega Man cartoons/anime have been on the corny side.  I'd much rather see the people who brought us Mega Man to begin with.  
Steven "WindyMan" Rodriguez
Washed-up Former NWR Director

Respect the power of the wind.

Offline CaseyRyback

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:Capcom Officially Announces Mega Man Compilations
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2003, 09:01:27 AM »
I bought Mega Man 2 3 and 6 the other day but returned them the other day because of this. Hopefully it will allow the GBA to be used as a controller, if not I need the Hori pad.

Offline BlkPaladin

• Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Minkmultimedia
RE: Capcom Officially Announces Mega Man Compilations
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2003, 09:16:20 AM »
I'll just be happy to finish my collection. And to take another swipe at MegaMan 1 I have yet to finish it.  
Stupidity is lost on my. Then again I'm almost always lost.

Offline Munky

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2003, 09:17:39 AM »
hmm...Mega Man...*drools* I'll have to pick this up when it's released.
The memory of a lost loved one remains with you always, but it's a wound that time heals. It's like a scar....it never really disappears, time just soothes the memory.

ChaoticMunky.com

Offline joshnickerson

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2003, 09:22:42 AM »
This will be a definate buy for me, seeing as the only Mega Man game I've ever played was Mega Man 5 on the SGB.
Exclusive unlockables for each system? Looks like we'll get the better deal, as long as the "retrospectives" aren't as bad as the ones on the Zelda disc...
But I have a friend who is so into Mega Man, he'll buy both versions...

Offline TheYoungerPlumber

• Thy Rod and Staff
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2003, 11:50:12 AM »
If these games  *don't* sell like hot cakes, the world should be shot.

I remember watching a few episodes of the anime...I'd probably enjoy those clips on the PS2 version.  Ah well...
::Michael "TYP" Cole
::Associate Editor
Nintendo World Report

"Only CHEATERS mess up!" -Waluigi

Offline Sonicjam

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2003, 12:14:31 PM »
what no Megaman Legends i was hoping they did put that game on it
Gamecube Rules

Offline Yeastie

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2003, 03:08:39 PM »
This SUCKS. Megaman 1-6 are going to be rereleased in the crappy NES version, not the PS1 japan only versions that were released a few years ago. The Japanese re releases had updated sound and Super NES quality graphics.

What would be so difficult about porting those over?

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2003, 05:53:22 PM »
i think most people would rather have the original nes graphics/sound.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Bartman3010

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2003, 06:22:15 PM »
Hey, its suprising that Mega Man 8 is in the complimation. So everything in that game will be there too? The suprise bosses? The cutscenes? Mega Man's freakish voice?

Still sounds better than Sonic Mega Collection
- Bartman

Mario Kart DS - 111728-668174
Metroid Prime Hunters - 3866-1460-2555
Tetris DS - 105680-429364

(Send PM if interested, you probably arent)
Better yet, check out #mariokartds on Esper.net, featuring the FriendCodeBot!

Offline Tryonic Prinv

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2003, 09:08:25 PM »

Originally posted by: TheYoungerPlumber
I remember watching a few episodes of the anime...I'd probably enjoy those clips on the PS2 version.  Ah well...

You know the Mega Man anime was released per season on DVD ......

A friend of mine picked it up. It's much worse than i ever remembered it, though. We were young.

Offline Zeo

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2003, 05:23:08 AM »

Originally posted by: Yeastie
This SUCKS. Megaman 1-6 are going to be rereleased in the crappy NES version, not the PS1 japan only versions that were released a few years ago. The Japanese re releases had updated sound and Super NES quality graphics.

What would be so difficult about porting those over?

Uh, no. You're wrong. There have been no 1-6 remakes with SNES graphics. The Japanese rereleases were 20-30 bucks per game with nothing extra except artwork, a "help" mode, and remixed music (for 4-6). The GC collection will also have a choice of remixed music or the original.
w00t!

Offline getupkids

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2004, 04:44:42 AM »
i played megaman willy wars on genesis, the graphics are great i prefer that, over the nes version
stop feeling content from other sites

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2004, 02:45:17 PM »
check out what i found while searching through some old threads on this board:  Topic Title: We need a Capcom MegaMan Collection    

kind of funny.  btw, does anyone knwo when this game is set to be released?  i'm looking for something to tide me over until twin snakes.  
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2004, 02:49:58 PM »
Heh...It was delayed back towards May-ish...Can't remember if there was an actual date set yet... =P
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2004, 05:41:29 AM »
damn.  i thought for sure they said february.  oh well.  maybe i'll have to check out midway arcade classics.