Author Topic: Metroid Dread Adding Two New Difficulties  (Read 1342 times)

Offline John Rairdin

• Director
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
Metroid Dread Adding Two New Difficulties
« on: February 09, 2022, 01:19:36 PM »

ZDR has never been more inviting.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/59626/metroid-dread-adding-two-new-difficulties

For those looking for an excuse to dive back into the depths of ZDR or for those who were initially scared off, Metroid Dread is today adding two new difficulty modes. Dread Mode turns all damage into a instant death for the player. Conversly the Rookie Mode makes health recovery significantly more generous. A Boss Rush mode is also planned as part of an additional update coming in April.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Metroid Dread Adding Two New Difficulties
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2022, 06:43:05 PM »
I wonder if they'll add new pictures to the gallery for beating Dread mode in under 4 hours?  If you don't get anything then I'll ignore it but if there is a reward, then I'm afraid I wont be able to control myself and will have to do it. :-[
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
  • Score: 15
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
Re: Metroid Dread Adding Two New Difficulties
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2022, 12:05:42 PM »
Dread mode seems doable since the game is generous with checkpoints (at least for a Metroid game). It felt like each encounter was automatic death in some of the EMMI fights anyways. The easy mode is good as well but should have been included at launch as a lot of people have already been burned by the games difficulty and may be unlikely to return