Author Topic: Need Help with IE Favorites  (Read 7523 times)

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
RE:Need Help with IE Favorites
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2003, 06:59:10 PM »

PEOPLE NOT HELPING THE ORIGINAL POSTER IN THIS THREAD NEED TO VACATE IMMEDIATELY I THINK

WHAT DID I JUST SAY? ARRGHGHHGHH CAN'T YOU SEE I'M TRYING TO MODERATE TH

don't goddamn post unless you're solving this guy's problem

What is wrong with you guys? I'm seriously going to ban the next off-topic person in this thread.

On the bright side since I last deleted it (when I made this topic) it hasn't shown up again. Maybe this time it's gone for good. Doubt it though.

How often do you reboot? Maybe you just needed to update the system settings or what have you.

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: Need Help with IE Favorites
« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2003, 08:08:38 PM »
SUPER, I don't post just to hear myself talk.  If I advise someone to do something to their PC, you can be assured that there's a damn good reason for it.  In spite of Termin8's unwillingness to accept my help, it would have helped greatly to at least troubleshoot his problems.  I would kindly appreciate not being threatened with being banned for trying to help him.

I will continue to do what I do.  If you have a problem, ban me.  If not, then stand aside and let me do my thing.  Because if I am going to have to put up with this from the mods, then I would rather not be here.  It's your choice.
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2003, 08:29:22 PM »
He didn't ASK for another browser

Edit: I'm not banning you because I hope we can still be internet e-friends <3, but seriously read -> comprehend -> post in that order, especially if it's hilariously irritated admin warnings

hoep u got 10bux

Offline Gibdo Master

• JA! MEIN LEAPEN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2003, 11:18:46 AM »

Originally posted by: S-U-P-E-R
How often do you reboot? Maybe you just needed to update the system settings or what have you.

I shut my computer down whenever I'm done using it for the day. With ME I really can't leave it on for long periods of time before something causes it to freeze up or crash. Hell, it's pretty normal for me to have to reboot at least once a twice a day. The "Links" folder still hasn't shown back up so I don't know what to think. It figures that when I finally try to get some help after deleting the thing over and over again for 2 years it finally stays gone.  
Hey, kid! I’m a computer! Stop all the downloadin’! Help computer!

Offline The Dark Tower

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2003, 02:08:19 PM »
Questions that need to be asked:

How old is the computer?
Have you updated any parts of the computer?
How's the amount of RAM regarding the processor's acceptible limit?

By the way, I was the one who fixed Knowsnothings computer problem, none of that brother crud, he just does'nt give me credit because none of his aussie buddys like me.
"It's not a tuma'!!"

-The Govenor of California

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2003, 02:27:13 PM »
SUPER, this is my last post on this issue, I did read your posts.  I promptly ignored them as I don't see anything in the rules about banning people for sending threads minorly off topic in the interests of helping out the person asking for it.

In short, I obey the logical forums rules that everyone must abide by.  I don't follow the rules that are made up on the spot, or over-emphasized because of a mod's personal view on the issue.  If I were to be banned for my posts in this thread, then I would argue that everyone here who has ever made an off topic post should be banned in the interest of fairness.

Fact of the matter is, I don't think you could justifiably ban me over that.  It's true that this is a private server and you can do as you wish.  But it's also true that you are held accountable by your readers.  Sure banning me wouldn't have much impact overall.  But if such actions continued over time?

Anyways, that's my last word on this.  I propose that we just drop it now, and try to forget this happened.  It's better for all.

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2003, 02:46:43 PM »
Minorly off topic? The guy asked for help, an only Ty and PIAC actually responded to his question! As much as I hate IE and think everyone should switch, too, if someone ASKS for help with a problem about IE, I HELP him with that problem if I can, not try to score another convert. If you needed help with a problem on your Ford, the last thing you would want would be someone telling you to get a Chevrolet. Maybe Ty was a bit eccentric, since it's not THAT big of a deal, but if you can't answer the guy's question, don't post at all.
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2003, 02:59:34 PM »
Mouse.  Answer me this.  If you don't get any picture on your TV when you are trying to play your GameCube, what's the first thing you try?  Switching TVs?

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2003, 03:11:40 PM »
I'll ask to get it repaired- if no one can repair it, or the problem persists, I'll change tv brands. But when I ask for help to repair it, I don't want people immediately telling me to get a Sony, or a Panasonic.
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2003, 03:14:02 PM »
But how do you know if the problem is your console or the TV?

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2003, 04:34:54 PM »
Well, besides the fact this example has strayed from the original problem, I would test out my console on the different TV's I have in my house and I would test out different consoles on the original TV. Either way I'd ty to get the machine repaired before I'll think about an alternative. If your Gamecube had a disc read error would you want to someone suggesting you buy an XBox, assuming it had no such problem (I know it's a stretch, but bear with me ).

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2003, 04:37:44 PM »
But Mouse Clicker, I was suggesting that he try out a different TV.  The TV I was suggesting happened to have progressive scan included as a bonus, but really, how else was anyone going to know if it was a problem with his browser or his connection unless someone had already experienced such problems?

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2003, 04:38:57 PM »
I think that was the point Grey was trying to make.  You don't know if it's the site of the browser.  To see what it is, try out different browsers to see if the problem persists. if it does, then it's the site.

You set yourself up with a perfect example of Grey's point.  I think.  I didn't read everything.

Oh, and sorry, S-U-P-E-R.  

EDIT: Grey beat me too it, even though he was offline at the time AND typed a longer post.  Darn my typing skills (or lack there of).  
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2003, 04:48:51 PM »
It's just my faster browser KnowsNothing.    Don't take it too hard.  I have this nice quick reply box, and I am here and browsing the forums in under 5 seconds anyways.

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2003, 04:51:38 PM »
I got quick reply too.

I guess it all comes down to this.....Firebird is teh awesome.

Or you're a faster typer than me.

Or both.
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 15, 2003, 04:57:56 PM »
Ack!  Page 2 = off-topic city!

Double Ack! This post is off-topic!

(heh, I'm getting 2 second response with IE )

Originally posted by: Grey Ninja
Mouse.  Answer me this.  If you don't get any picture on your TV when you are trying to play your GameCube, what's the first thing you try?  Switching TVs?

1) Mess around with the buttons on the remote
2) Get on knees and pray
3) Kick TV
4) Mess around with inputs
5) Kick TV again
6) TV blows up
7) Realize that the video cable wasn't hooked up
8) Get new TV and entertainment system just for the heck of it

~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 15, 2003, 05:33:48 PM »
The point, Ninja, is that the author did NOT ask for alternatives to IE, he asked for help with certain files being interjected in his favorites folder. So why did you even suggest Firebird? He's looking for help with his problem, and only 2 people, out of some 30 or so posts, actually attempted to answer it. I'm saying if *I* had a problem with something, and was asking for help, I want people to HELP me with my problem, not suggest alternatives, If the problem is unfixaable and I deem an alternative necessary, then I'd ASK for it.

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 15, 2003, 07:32:00 PM »
Yeah yeah, whatever.  I am sick of explaining my motives for trying to help someone.  No good deed goes unpunished.  I knew that when I started.  Now I am sick and fucking tired of this whole thing, and just wish that someone would just get it over with and ban me.  If I have to have a half page discussion to explain why I would offer the advice I did, then obviously I have way too high of levels of respect for the other posters here.  I shouldn't have to fight with a mod just because he didn't approve of the advice that I gave, and I don't particularly feel like fighting with someone I thought was a "friend" over the same bloody thing.

I am sick and fucking tired of being stabbed in the back for one day.  

Offline Gibdo Master

• JA! MEIN LEAPEN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 15, 2003, 07:45:30 PM »
Everyone does realize that Grey Ninja wasn't the only one suggesting that I switch browsers right? Besides it would have been a perfectly good suggestion if I hadn't already been fully aware of Mozilla and Firebird and had just previously been using them.

Honestly I'm just happy this thing got any replies since usually when I make a topic it goes completely unnoticed.

One more thing. There was just a tad bit of hypocrisy with the whole "don't hijack this thread" thing. I won't name names though.

Hey, kid! I’m a computer! Stop all the downloadin’! Help computer!

Offline Ocarina Blue

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 15, 2003, 08:11:00 PM »
When I replied, I can assure you that my intentions were of helping Gibdo Master solve his/her (?) problem. Gibdo Master himself just said that it would have been a perfectly good suggestion if it wasn't known to me that he had been previously using Firebird (which it wasn't). I defend posting what I did.
Om mani padme hum.

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #45 on: October 15, 2003, 09:05:54 PM »
This thread is a brainwreck. Hay Gibdo, I'm interested in knowing if that links folder ever comes back from the dead eventually, so message me later aight.