Author Topic: How come you don't own an X-box? (Why?)  (Read 12648 times)

RE:How come you don't own an X-box? (Why?)
« Reply #50 on: September 27, 2003, 04:24:13 AM »
I don't have one  because they don't have any must have games coming out... well they didn't but know they have Kameo which is a must have title for me.
If they mimic nintendo's price drop I may just have to get an xbox.
it was time for a change.

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 27, 2003, 07:00:53 AM »
Not gonna happen, Marcus. I'd prboably end up buying an XBox, too, if the price was low enough, but Microsoft is losing enough selling it at $180 theey can't afford to drop it anymore.
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: How come you don't own an X-box? (Why?)
« Reply #52 on: September 27, 2003, 08:13:59 AM »
I wouldn't take one for free.  I'd have nowhere to put it, and there just aren't any games I would like to play on it.
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 27, 2003, 08:31:07 AM »
What are you talking about?  If you got an X-box for free, at least take it and destroy it!  Drop it out you window or something!  It could be a doorstop!  It could be a cinderblock!  You could even take out it's poorly manufactured guts and you'll have yourself a nifty box! (albeit ugly )

Just don't let an offer like that go to waste!
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 27, 2003, 09:42:05 AM »
Thankfully I didn't have to pay for mine.  A nice friend wanted to unload it, and he gave it to me...How nice

I agree with Grey that there really aren't any titles that would be of interest to a Ninty gamer.  The only titles I have right now are Halo(which is NOT the best game of all time...not even close) and DOA3(which is a fun fighting game, but not nearly as much as SCII).  The only other titles I'll get are Ninja Gaiden and Rare games.  I might have a half-dozen Xbox games before the end of the generation, while my GC collection will rise to more than 2 dozen by the end.  Crappy "mature" shoot 'em ups and sports titles do NOT appeal to me and should be the bane of a true gamer
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 27, 2003, 10:13:41 AM »
I'M a Nintendo gamer and *I* would like an XBox. The only problem is I dont' want to pay for one. Otherwise, there are a few titles I wouldn't mind owning, namely Halo 1 and 2, Shenmue 2, and Jet Set Radio Future.
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 27, 2003, 02:45:24 PM »
64 did go online Randnet

as for why I dont have an xbox. If I had the money to buy all systems i definitely would. I don't because my favorite STYLE of games are made by Nintendo. As far as games go. Xbox doesnt have anyhign out thta interests me in one bit. However, whats comign loois very good. I will be excited to play Fable and Ninja Gaiden on my friends Xbox.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline animex

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 27, 2003, 10:18:32 PM »
4me m$hit n p$hit2 r 64y
http://SONY.PS(hit)2.PS(hit)P.MICROSOCKS.G(ay)BOX.HA(b)LO.HA(b)LO2.BILL.G(ay)TES

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 28, 2003, 12:20:48 AM »
omghi2u

About extras in Burnout 2: Xbox and GC version are the same! But, graphics is better in Xbox ver., so I can declare Xbox version as the best version. Believe me, I saw all 3 version of Burnout 2.

But the GC version has the best controller.

Listen me carefully mouse_clicker, N5 will be dead from the beginning if only N5 doesn’t have online service!

lol (thats like, the first time ive ever said lol, oh now ive said it twice)

Alien, do you realize that less than 5% of Xbox owners actually use Live?

Heh, that sure shut him up.

I might buy an Xbox for Kameo.

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 28, 2003, 01:59:38 AM »
Just get Collect Crap on GBA, Mario. =)

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: September 28, 2003, 02:04:39 AM »
But that got delayed to 2007

« Reply #61 on: October 02, 2003, 12:18:36 AM »

Originally posted by: Grey Ninja
Well, there really wasn't an internet structure to work with in the Famicom days. .

Yes there was.  I was there hanging out on rec.arts.startrek and emailing friends and playing multi-user games.  The internet was alive in the 1980's... and dates back to circa 1970.
Favorite classic games
Space Invaders, Missile Command, Berzerk, Defender, Mario 1.5, Final Fantasy 6

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 02, 2003, 10:57:35 AM »
Huh? I thought the military deployed the system in the first half of the eighties?

« Reply #63 on: October 03, 2003, 02:01:41 AM »
(shrug) You thought wrong.  ARPAnet (later renamed internet) was deployed circa 1970, and opened up to the general public in the late 70's.

Anyway, the original poster was wrong when he said, "there really wasn't an internet structure to work with in the Famicom days," because my primitive Commodore=64 was connected to it back in 1987.  I was playing online games way back then.
Favorite classic games
Space Invaders, Missile Command, Berzerk, Defender, Mario 1.5, Final Fantasy 6

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 03, 2003, 02:15:45 AM »
i remember my godlike amiga 500 could play populous 'online', as in you could dial a friend and play togeather, would have been cool if we had a modem ;P and the amiga 500 launched in 1987 (i was 2 )

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 03, 2003, 11:51:49 AM »
honda: What he meant was that there wasn't a large enough community for the Famicom's online structure to do anything with. As much as I hate AOL themself, they really popularized the internet. Whereas before only hardcore computer nerds actually used it, afterwards almost everybody did. VERY few people had connection to the internet, and even then most of the time it was in closed networks (AOL started off designing software for one such closed network). The internet was especially not user friendly enough for the general Famicom owner to get in on the action. That's what the original poster meant, not that there wasn't any online structure up at all.

Offline AERO

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 13, 2003, 03:09:01 PM »

Originally posted by: mouse_clicker

Stop being selfish and start thinking about what's best for Nintendo, which is NOT going online right now.

I think I'll stop right there. Thats seriously messed up. Your not going to bed with nintendo or something. Or maybe you are, I'm not here to judge.  

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #67 on: October 13, 2003, 08:28:33 PM »
I was thinking, this is the big snafu with XBox:
It's got some pretty cool games, if you don't get one, you'll feel like your missing out
Buuut it's probably not worth it to a lot of people, so you'll feel like you overpaid
...it's kind of a downer either way.

Although I think anybody whining about how much XBox live costs can go man a clownboat, because 50 bux for a kit and a YEAR of service is pretty goddamn cheap, especially since it comes with a full version of Tetris Worlds (it might be something different now), a buncha demos, and the cool headset. That's a fiiiiiiine deal.

Offline Termin8Anakin

• Auuuu =\
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 18, 2003, 04:54:02 AM »
How come i don't an XBox?
Because:

Neeeeentendo Gaemmmacooob!
Comin at ya with High Level Course Language and Violence