Author Topic: Locked Threads  (Read 1865 times)

Offline CitizenKaine

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Locked Threads
« on: February 18, 2003, 06:47:50 AM »
Threads are getting locked a lot more often on the new boards.  I dont think this is inherently a bad thing, in fact I would side with Rick and Billy on this one, because at least they manage to keep the boards civil, and thats a rarity on the net.  I do think though that it would be nice to have fewer locked threads with no explanation.  Even it IS an obvious poll, or something else blatant.  A short 'this is a poll: locked" post would be appreciated.  Im only asking because Ive seen a couple posts locked that I wasnt entirely sure of why.  While I fully support the rights of the board operators to run it as they see fit, I think we'd all appreciate knowing their reasoning.

Kaine

Offline RickPowers

• IT Director
    Senior Editor
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
Locked Threads
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2003, 07:06:27 AM »
If it's obvious, it will usually get locked without explanation because we are a bit more busy than we usually get credit for.  While it seems like it wouldn't take very long, when you multiply it across every thread, it actually tends to add a great deal of time.
:: Rob "Rick Powers" Stevens
:: Senior Editor Emeritus
:: Personal Blog
:: Wii Number: 7294 0910 3012 6153

Offline eri411

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:Locked Threads
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2003, 09:23:08 AM »
why do they lock?  

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
RE:Locked Threads
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2003, 11:18:50 AM »
They lock topics that either:

1) are in the wrong board(such as a help topic in Gamecube Discussion)
2) inundated with a flame war
or
3) for the Gameplay Help topic, if there is already a topic on such and such game and you make a new one...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~