Author Topic: My gc fan problem?  (Read 1387 times)

Offline Luciferschild

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
My gc fan problem?
« on: October 08, 2003, 07:06:15 PM »
My gamecube started getting an error message lately and I think it's because the fan ain't working and thus it is getting overheated after about 10 to 20 minutes it makes rather noticable noises then conks out. Anybody else have this problem?? The fan on the side is supposed to spin right? I don't feel like paying 80 bucks to have the problem fixed...thanks a lot nintendo for screwing me over. Might end up just getting a new cube with zelda bonus disk if it comes out soon.

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE: My gc fan problem?
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2003, 11:13:43 PM »
yeah fcuk you nintendo, went out deliberatly to screw luciferschild, how dare they have product faults, they should be above all error, infact blow up the world for creating mistakes, then you will have a trouble free existance.

i don't even feel like offering suggestions on how you could fix your problem, mainly because you need a dose of reality, things break/go wrong, live with it.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2003, 10:08:32 AM »
If the fan is out don't use the device! Anything faster than an 80386 will melt within seconds after a fan failure. I think USD80 was the price for fixing the drive, not the fan.

Offline Luciferschild

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:My gc fan problem?
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2003, 11:59:35 AM »
Yeah I guess I'm being a little hard on nintendo but I'm used to consoles lasting more than 2 years. I guess that these new generation of consoles just aren't very durable. It's not that big of a deal.  

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2003, 10:58:51 PM »
thats better the more complex things become the more problems they are likely to encounter, as for your problem you could allways contact nintendo and get a quote on how much it would cost to fix, give the recent price drop they may be pretty cool about repair prices. questions dont cost a thing