Author Topic: Rumors back FF VII & XII  (Read 5576 times)

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
RE: Rumors back FF VII & XII
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2003, 09:23:21 AM »
EA has a deal with N, so Square probably tried to get rid of Sony if that theory is true. Sure, exclusivity ruins their sales. They have like 4 or 5 FF titles +the (S)NES ports on the PS already. Also world+dog releases their RPGs on PS2, I guess the competition just gets too strong, especially with the decline in Square's quality. Maybe they see the untapped markets that are GC and XB.

BTW, why does everyone say Square made FFCC just to have access to the GBA? Don't you think they could make GBA games without developing for GC first? And don't you think FFCC would have been much lower quality if that was true?

Offline The Omen

• Forum Fascist
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:Rumors back FF VII & XII
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2003, 09:39:39 AM »

BTW, why does everyone say Square made FFCC just to have access to the GBA? Don't you think they could make GBA games without developing for GC first? And don't you think FFCC would have been much lower quality if that was true?

Because the big ticket market is the GBA, not the GC. They probably approached Nintendo about working on the GBA, and to Nintendos credit, they said 'not if you dont release an original game on GC.'  And why would Square half ass their GC game?  If you are going to make it, better make it high quality, so Nintendo fans will buy it.  Its all about $$$ to Square.

"If a man comes to the door of poetry untouched by the madness of the muses, believing that technique alone will make him a great poet, he and his sane compositions never reach perfection, but are utterly eclipsed by the inspired madman." Socrates

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2003, 09:45:46 AM »
Square-Enix is only going to show one new game at the TGS, so that almost completely rules out a game for a Nintendo system...

Hopefully this isn't the case
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline MeddmaWamm

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2003, 01:06:17 PM »
Mr. Troll (AgentSeven),  I really don't think EA owns part of Square. Are you sure they do?

Offline AgentSeven

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2003, 04:08:18 PM »
Meddma,whatever.  You can call me Sir. LoL!

Anyway, I'm not certain but I think EA was trying to acquire the rights to distribute SquareEnix games.  Distribution really has nothing to do with ownership.

Still, it's seems from what I have gathered, this stock rumor just might be fact.  Now if I could only find out where SquareEnixv is traded (Nasdaq, NYSE, etc..) and under what symbol, I could confirm this once and for all.  
"I am not a number, I am a free man"    "$ony=Atari Circa 1984"

Got a Defective ps2?  Go here: http://www.sheller.com/sonyPS2classaction.html

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2003, 04:30:37 PM »
Square-Enix is listed under code 9684 on the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline AgentSeven

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2003, 06:11:35 PM »
Thank you Bill!  Man, you are a serious detective. We should team up and start a site,lol.

Offline AgentSeven

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2003, 08:36:47 AM »
http://quote.tse.or.jp/tse/quote.cgi?F=listing/EDetail1&MKTN=T&QCODE=9684

Here's a link to SquareEnix's listing on the Tokyo Stock Exchange website.  It does appear that "someone" is buying SquareEnix stock, but I cannot not confirm who is buying.  It could just be regular trading activity.  Still, maybe Square is buying back it's own stock.  

However, wouldn't it be funny if it was Nintendo?  Imagine $ony and Nintendo both owning stock in the same company.