Author Topic: Soundtracks with games  (Read 2219 times)

Offline AdvancedGamer

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Soundtracks with games
« on: August 24, 2003, 04:05:22 AM »
When I went over my friends house (the PS2 gamer) to play games and hang out I saw something that was one of the best ideas I've ever seen. Silent Hill 3 actually came with a soundtrack. Nintendo why didn't u ever think of this. Imagine having Metroid Prime or wind waker come with a soundtrack CD inside. That would be so cool listening to ur favorite tunes while on a plane ride or something. They have to do this it is such a good idea. Please Nintendo take note and start making games that come with soundtracks. Anyone else think this is a cool idea?
Video Games-
Why waste good technology on medicine and science?

Now Playing: Zelda: TP (GC)
Mario Kart (DS)
NSMB (DS)

Offline Berny

• Seriously.
    • View Profile
RE: Soundtracks with games
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2003, 04:09:13 AM »
I certainly do. I love Metroid's music. Was this Silent Hill Soundtrack actually in the DVD case or was is some sort of bonus item a la OOT:MQ
has 6 gmail invites. wants to rid himself of them. email for gmail.

Offline Aretak

• Tekishuu
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2003, 04:13:31 AM »
The thing is, if they give away the soundtrack with the game, they can't sell it to you at a later date. I know Nintendo don't do this personally, but I'm thinking along the lines of the Final Fantasy games, where the soundtrack is about 4-CD's, and giving away something that large just wouldn't be viable.

Metroid Prime has awesome music though, so it would have been nice if they had included the soundtrack, but it obviously wasn't meant to be...
DVDs | Games

"Ideas are far more powerful than guns. We don't allow our peopl

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
RE:Soundtracks with games
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2003, 05:12:29 AM »

Nintendo why didn't u ever think of this.

Killer Instinct came with an arrange soundtrack  :rolleyes:

Although now that you bring it up, I seem to recall Nintendo claiming that Killer Instinct on the SNES was the fastest-selling game ever. (At the time)

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2003, 05:41:37 AM »
Yeah, I still have my Killer Kuts CD.  

I will be getting Silent Hill 3 PC next month when it comes out, and it includes the soundtrack as well.    I couldn't wait, and I have already downloaded the entire soundtrack, but I will very much enjoy having the CD as well when I get the game.

The thing is that Nintendo usually DOES package something with their successful games, such as packaging OoT with Wind Waker, giving out e-cards with Animal Crossing, and Pokemon stuff with Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire.  It might not be a soundtrack, but sometimes our bonuses are BETTER than a soundtrack CD.
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2003, 07:25:49 AM »
I believe Metroid Prime has a soundtrack out in Japan.  There was also some concert for SSBM music, and I believe that music is on a CD (probably also in Japan) as well.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline AdvancedGamer

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2003, 07:32:30 AM »
Yes it did come in the DVD Case. They should do it like the resident evil games with a two disc style case... one the game... the other the soundtrack.

Also I sent an email to Nintendo with this suggestion. If enough of u do this maybe they'll seriously consider it : )
Video Games-
Why waste good technology on medicine and science?

Now Playing: Zelda: TP (GC)
Mario Kart (DS)
NSMB (DS)

Offline kennyb27

• President of Nintendo. Seriously!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2003, 09:44:42 AM »

There was also some concert for SSBM music, and I believe that music is on a CD (probably also in Japan) as well.
The SSBM concert soundtrack was actually a bonus to subscribers of Nintendo Power, I love it and actually listen to it quite often.
-Kenny

Now Playing: I-Ninja (GC), Pokemon LeafGreen (GBA), Nintendogs (DS), Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour (GC)
Just Finished: Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker (GC), Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door (GC) Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap (GBA)
Need money for: Advance Wars: Dual St

Offline Mingesium

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2003, 10:10:13 AM »
Sometimes they give out soundtracks to the first people who buy the game. I remember getting a Banjo-Kazooie soundtrack.

Offline NintendoFanGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2003, 04:49:08 PM »
XIII is coming w/a soundtrack for GameCube if you preorder (http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/234623.asp)
You can buy the Zelda box from Japan that has the Zelda soundtrack.