Author Topic: TV Tuner and gamecube?  (Read 1359 times)

Offline Muck

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
TV Tuner and gamecube?
« on: December 16, 2003, 12:45:31 AM »
Hi all!
I'm hoping for some quick advice...I want to get my boyfriend a gamecube for christmas, but he doesn't currently have a tv....I'm totally electronically impaired, and just want to know if he'll be able to run the gamecube off of his TV tuner for his computer...Or if there are any kinds of adapters to make that work...Preferably without running a VCR between them.  If you have any suggestions/adapter solutions, etc., they would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you so much.

Offline Berto2K

• This could be you, at E3.
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE:TV Tuner and gamecube?
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2003, 01:11:48 AM »
Which tv tuner card does he have?  I have one from ATI called the All In Wonder.  As long as it supports S-Video in, or RCA in (red, yellow, white plugs) there will be no problems at all.

I am assuming that you are new here, so this question should go in here just to let you know.

Technical Discussion
Pietriots, we roll out to get the lol out.

Offline Jdub03

• Bert Stanton speaking.
    • View Profile
RE: TV Tuner and gamecube?
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2003, 05:19:43 AM »
I have the leadtek winfast tv 2000xp deluxe.  It supports RCA in S-video in and analog in.  I had to buy a device for the sound.  So you might want to check to see if it has one.  The particular model I bought had no input for the RCA cables(has video input).  I think most newer tuner cards allow other devices to connect with them via RCA.  
How many legs does a dog have if you call the tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg. - Abraham Lincoln

Offline Muck

• View Profile
RE:TV Tuner and gamecube?
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2003, 11:38:48 AM »
Hey guys, thanks very much.
He hasn't bought his tv tuner yet, so hopefully he will just be able to buy with the necessary specs.  He'll know a lot more about what he's doing from there.  As long as it's possible, I'm sure he can figure it out.
Thanks so much for your help.  
(sorry about the wrong area)
-Muck