Author Topic: Is Ninja Gaiden Coming to Gamecube????  (Read 9250 times)

Offline AdvancedGamer

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Is Ninja Gaiden Coming to Gamecube????
« on: April 11, 2003, 04:28:37 PM »
I remeber seeing a movie for it on Xbox like a year or 2 ago but I don't think it ever came out. The movie looked really really sweet. They better make it on Gamecube because Ryu Haybussa kicks serious @$$!!!!!
So has any1 heard any rumors or voice yourself about Ninja Gaiden. HIIII YAAAA!!!!  
Video Games-
Why waste good technology on medicine and science?

Now Playing: Zelda: TP (GC)
Mario Kart (DS)
NSMB (DS)

Offline Byron

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2003, 04:30:16 PM »
No since Team Ninja really only makes games for XBox now Ninja Gaiden will be exclusive for XBox just like DOA 3 and DOA X Volleyball all made that team.

Offline PointZero

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2003, 05:44:53 PM »
i will make it as simple as possible .........no

Offline RahXephon

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2003, 05:49:55 PM »
it does look sweet, hey it is just speculation for fun, why does everyone always gotta be so critical.  Have fun.
Fry's Grandma in the past-"Killed., In an atomic Blast.... No sir I don't take much comfort in the fact the trigger function worked perfectly."
Fry-"There there, if it makes you feel any better, his body was vaporized, so there's no chance of him coming back as a zombie."
Fry's Grandma-"I'm no

Offline dmcollin

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2003, 06:23:26 PM »
i don't think tecmo has too much love for nintendo, in fact i think they almost hate them.

Offline Nephilim

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2003, 12:15:34 AM »
it got bad previews in mags over here, hyper mag was one of them
I recon konami should make a GC version of Ninja Cop for GBA, that game rocks

Offline BrianSLA

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2003, 12:17:06 AM »
Ninja Gaiden is coming out for Xbox later this year. There was a preview on the OXM demo disc about 2 months ago.  

Offline Darc Requiem

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2003, 06:21:40 AM »
Sorry its never coming to Cube. Team Ninja is too far up Bill Gates ass to give the GC any support. I mean when then took the poll to see which platform they should release Ninja Gaiden on the GC got 69% of the vote, PS2 got 19%, and the X-Box got 12%. Despite overwhelmingly winning the poll the GC doesn't get Ninja Gaiden, and despite finishing dead last the X-box does get Ninja Gaiden. It wouldn't have bothered that as much if they hadn't taken the poll. Don't take a poll like that and then turn around and completely ignore the results. If they released it for PS2, I could understand because of the large userbase but for X-box? Have the looked at the Japanese sales of X-box? The GC is so far ahead of X-box in the Japan that it more than cancels out the X-box's 1 million unit lead in the US and slight lead in Europe.

Darc Requiem
"Fiery words fuel debate and debate yields understanding."

Offline Perfect Cell

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2003, 08:06:22 AM »
Tecmo just lovez the Xbox, i emailed them a couple of months back, and they said they wre considring the GCN, but guess they werent telling the truth.

Offline NiteWalker

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2003, 09:06:58 AM »
I believe it is exclusive to the box.
My Games
--------------------------------------------
I Stand Alone

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2003, 04:32:48 PM »
Yeah, as much as I HATED Team NINJA for their stupidity (why even put a f***ing poll up if money is your only deciding factor?!) it's probably going to be an Xbox only game.  

It kinda doesn't matter at this point though, since from screenshots and such, along with the director of the game saying he was "reinventing" the series, it looks to be just a Devil May Cry clone, instead of THE badass ninja game like it used to be.  

*enters rant mode, as I was a HUGE NG fan*

Come on, if it ain't broke, then don't fix it!  I saw no problem with the original story of NG, and when they made Ryu the Super Ninja in DOA he looked and acted about 5 times cooler than even the original Ryu.  Then, they throw all that out the window and make this "new" Ryu who looks like a ripoff of Hotsuma from Shinobi, complete with the shurikens attached to his armor.  In addition, where the phuck is Irene??  They changed her name in DOA to Aileen, but we NEVER saw her, and now we never will...and Tecmo better not tell me some s**t about Kasumi being the new love interest, or Team NINJA will cease to exist after I kill all of their members.  Finally, WTF is up with the demons?  Sure the original had them too, but more often than not Ryu was fighting the CIA for half the freaking game.  Seems like yet another ripoff of DMC to me.

*end rant mode*

So, it sucks that it's not gonna be on GC, and it sucks that they screwed up a great series by trying to ripoff recent games.
"This hand of mine glows with an awesome power...its burning grip tells me to defeat you!!!"

-Domon, G Gundam

Offline GeN

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2003, 06:46:46 PM »
Well I thought that it was pretty obvious that Ninja Gaiden was coming to Xbox I forgot what I seen that made it clear.....something that I seen a Epcot in Disney World. I dont really care which console it comes to since I have em both Xbox and GCN. I would prefer the Xbox version anyway simply cause of the way DOA3 looked. Another thing I would like to add to just cause Ryu has Shurikens on his armor now doesn't make him any different from the old Ryu. I mean could we even see what he had on his arm in the original NG? I dont think 8 bit has that much detail. Where do you want him to keep sharp shurikens that he needs to throw at enemies quickly?.....in his pocket? Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter were sorta the same kind of fighting since they were both side views.......but does that make one a rip off from another? People rip things off all the time....thats how they make money. Look at all the "reality" TV shows they have now....

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2003, 10:57:05 PM »
Actually, the new Ninja Gaiden game wasn't originally intended to be Ninja Gaiden.  The story has little to do with the NES ones, and the only reason it's named Ninja Gaiden was because Tecmo's marketting decided that it would be a great idea to market it as a Ninja Gaiden game for name recognition.

Probably not a bad idea giving it to Xbox in that case.  Nintendo fans are a little more discriminating for the most part.
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2003, 11:00:18 PM »
Grey Ninja: As opposed to 99% of XBox fans, who just don't care.
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline Grey Ninja

• Retired Forum Drunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2003, 11:02:53 PM »
That was what I was implying.  (Thinking mainly about DOA Xtreme Volleyball, and DOA3....)
Once I had, a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean

Offline Hemmorrhoid

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2003, 03:40:41 AM »
Well, apart from amazing graphics Ninja Gaiden yet has to convince. It might be beatiful graphics and crappy gameplay.
And remember, we have our exclusive Virtua Fighter RPG, that might kick Ninja Gaidens ass gameplay wise. Who knows.
LZ 2005

« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2003, 04:23:18 AM »
Jesus major GC fanboy rant here. "Since the game isnt on gc, theres no way it can be good--whiiine, wine, whine." Its probably going to be fun, I have a gc and an Xbx and the damn XBX needs some playing time, GC hogs it all--I want some good xbx games damnit!
"Just a little gift from your friendly nieghborhood evil doer." - Me.

~ If you like serious, good quality Zelda rpgs, AIM HeroPiccolo and I'll give you a link. ~

« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2003, 07:53:41 AM »

Originally posted by: Grey Ninja
Actually, the new Ninja Gaiden game wasn't originally intended to be Ninja Gaiden.  The story has little to do with the NES ones, and the only reason it's named Ninja Gaiden was because Tecmo's marketting decided that it would be a great idea to market it as a Ninja Gaiden game for name recognition.

Probably not a bad idea giving it to Xbox in that case.  Nintendo fans are a little more discriminating for the most part.

It has little to nothing to do with the original storyline, like I thought...?  Well then, choose the option that matches you:

1. Those of you who were old-school NG fans: That game needs to die, NOW.

2. Those of you who own an Xbox: Feel extremely, EXTREMELY ripped off.

3. Those of you who own an Xbox AND were an old-school NG fan: Kill some important people working for Team NINJA, get some hacker friends, rewrite the game as it was meant to be seen.

"This hand of mine glows with an awesome power...its burning grip tells me to defeat you!!!"

-Domon, G Gundam

Offline Syynx

• View Profile
Re: Is Ninja Gaiden Coming to Gamecube????
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2017, 10:38:49 PM »
I'm starting to think it's not gonna happen

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2017, 10:54:41 PM »
That bump was worth it

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2017, 11:13:16 PM »
I think it's a little too soon to give up hope.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2017, 02:28:26 AM »
Ninja Gaiden is hard.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2017, 09:47:52 AM »
The best thing about this is that the account was created 1 minute before that post. I hope that's an actual real person and not just some dupe account.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA