Author Topic: I hereby declare a new forum rule!  (Read 1790 times)

Online Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
I hereby declare a new forum rule!
« on: May 28, 2015, 01:27:38 AM »
After reading Neal's ridiculously safe* "rating pending" review on Splatoon (which is probably only score-less so they can take time to average the review scores of every other site so they can avoid another Mario Kart 8 fiasco), I realized the potential of utilizing absurd qualifiers to invalidate* our most opinionated viewpoints.

So I figured, "who better to start a trend than our beloved* site director?" So I hereby decree we obey his decree* and join in on the fun! Who's with me? I think this could be a rewarding experiment.*

*Unless our pants fly off simultaneously.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 06:30:13 AM by Evan_B »
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Re: I hereby declare a new forum rule!
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2015, 02:54:45 AM »
Evan underscore B, I like you but you are making no sense. You've got asterisks all over the place. There are beginning quote marks in a sentence but then the concluding quote marks never appear. Moreover, if you are going to talk about realizing "the potential of utilizing absurd qualifiers to invalidate our most opinionated viewpoints", then at least give an example or two so that we can understand what you mean. And what decree are you referring to? How is this decree utilizing absurd qualifiers? There are just so many questions and logical gaps going on here.

My advice is to take a moment and just breathe deeply and slowly. Relax. Let the energy inside of you calm down for a moment. Make sure you've got your power of speech under control again. Then when the wiggly-jigglies have gotten out of your system, type up and explain what you mean again.

Cheers.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Online Evan_B

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2015, 06:40:44 AM »
Ah well.* I expected you to be on board more than anyone, Khush.* But I guess my humor isn't appreciated in the funhouse. Ah well. That's what I get for trying to insert myself into this community.*

*this statement has absolutely no remorse associated with it.

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2015, 08:53:03 AM »
An asterisk is supposed to include a footnote* at the bottom  explaining the exception.  This post chaps my ass.

Online Evan_B

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2015, 09:08:11 AM »
I get it, people. I screwed up the delivery. I'll crawl back to my place in Console Discussion, so sorry to have inconvenienced you all.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2015, 09:13:07 AM »
Hey, don't take it that hard. We've all had attempts at things in here that didn't land right, but that hasn't stopped people like Khushrenada from trying over and over. Keep it coming, it's always nice to get some new blood in here.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2015, 12:31:47 PM »
That's not fair, you can't edit your post to make it look like I didn't follow my own rule as negligence!*

*You can totally do that.

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2015, 05:39:50 PM »
I just use asterisks to replace %@$#%# symbols when I have a naughty word to say, ******es! :)
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)