Author Topic: Ian Sane: Bargain Bin Expert!  (Read 3437 times)

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Ian Sane: Bargain Bin Expert!
« on: August 28, 2014, 03:17:03 PM »
Everyone wants to save a little dough, a little scratch, a little lettuce, a little  green, a little moolah...

Sorry. I started to repeat myself there. Just like Ian Sane. Zing! Still, credit where credit is due. He's clearly an expert on bargain bins at stores. Here's a sampling of proof:

On Wii U:

I maintain my prediction that the Wii U will be in bargain bins before the end of the year.

On Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze:

I'll buy it in the bargain bin with my Wii U, perhaps later this year the way things are going.

On Hyrule Warriors:

we'll have the rare first party Nintendo title that shows up in bargain bins.

Some people claim that Ian Sane just re-hashes the same posts from 10 years ago. But is that true?

On 0~3 Entertainment's Branding Structure:

This is overall a great idea and I have no problem with any plan to get innovative games on store shelves.  But those names f*cking suck.  It can be the most innovative amazing game ever but once you put "Ankle Biters" on the package it's hitting the bargain bins faster than you can "what a sh!tty name".

On Ty the Tasmanian Tiger:

Has anyone even PLAYED the first game?  The first game was in the bargain bin almost from the get go. 

Speculating about the Wii:

no online next gen is unacceptable.  Realistically I think Nintendo knows that too.  The N5 will be online or it'll be in the bargain bin.

So, no, he wasn't talking about the Wii U being in bargain bins 10 years ago. But he was talking about bargain bins which makes sense. They often contain unwanted crappy content that no one is really interested in and are often depressing to look at. Much like Ian Sane's posts. Zing! (That was a bit of a hyperbolic statement meant to elicit a laugh. Ian should be ok with it since he makes plenty of hyperbolic statements all the time. However, this is off topic.)

Back on topic, even if he wasn't talking about the Wii U 10 years ago, we can see a pattern starting from his 2004 post about N5 which became the Wii and how his bargain bin obsession combined with Nintendo products has always been around throughout the years.

2010:

I cannot enjoy a videogame if I don't feel like I'm in control.  But that's just me.  If it mattered that much to everyone else then the Wii would have been in bargain bins within a year. 

2011:

The DS's first year was just a complete and utter disaster.  The DS seemed like the sucker's system at first in that only a complete tool would buy one for the priviledge of buying Super Mario 64 again - only with shitty controls!  I never in a million years would have thought that it would become Nintendo's most successful system EVER.  It is an outright miracle the damn thing wasn't in bargain bins by the end of the first year.

2012:

The Wii was an insanely huge risk.  I thought for sure the Wii would be in bargain bins less than a year after its release and the whole thing would potentially kill of Nintendo for good.   

Now some people may take offense to Ian Sane thinking Nintendo products should be in a bargain bin. That is because those people are judgemental fools. To them, a bargain bin equals trash much like Ian Sane's posts. Sure, I've made a joke like that already. So what? Anyways, people view those comments as an insult. The truth is that Ian Sane loves bargain bins. He's not trying to put down Nintendo. He's just trying to combine 2 of his favorite things into one.

You don't believe me? Here the proof that Ian loves bargain bins.

Videogames are in the $50+ mark.  They're not the sort of the stuff most people buy willy-nilly on impulse.  DVD's sure because they end up in bargain bins for less than 10 bucks. 

He wants games to be cheaper. What's wrong with that?

Do they really think a new Smash TV style game is going to light the world on fire?  It'll be in bargain bins a month after release.  And I like those style games, it's just not something people care about these days. 

He likes the games in the bargain bins even if other people don't care about them.

Well 100% digital makes it quite easy to outright block used sales and they have a nice little remote off switch to disable or discontinue a game at any time.  No bargain bins to get rid of extra inventory either. 

While talking about the cons of digitial distribution, Ian Sane mentioned how it would affect bargain bins around the world. Why? Because he cares about them, dammit! Bargain bins are his life!

So, the next time you see Ian Sane post something about bargain bins, don't be quick to dismiss it, judge it or criticize it. Instead, take a moment to be thankful that we have such a great resource on NWR to let us all know about the power of bargain bins. Maybe send him a thank-you note for caring so much about them and for being so willing to post his expertise on them free of charge for all of our benefit. Just maybe put that note in a bargain bin somewhere as he probably won't see it otherwise.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
Re: Ian Sane: Bargain Bin Expert!
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2014, 04:29:10 PM »
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2014, 04:52:40 PM »
I don't know. I think we'll end up having to pay people to take away those posts yet. Maybe we can dump them in the E.T. game landfill. I think there's some room now that the site has been unearthed and dug up.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2014, 04:53:53 PM »

and throw into Bargain Bin....
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 04:57:40 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2014, 08:02:42 PM »
Everything eventually ends up in the bargain bin sooner or later. Circle of shelf life.

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2014, 11:47:38 PM »
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2014, 11:54:46 PM »
Ian Sane posts are moving in? There goes the landfill.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2014, 12:02:39 AM by Khushrenada »

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2014, 09:37:38 PM »
As funny as this is, and while I love all the **** you throw at him, I respect Ian. He's consistent; like an animal facing extinction being like "**** evolving."
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2014, 09:54:39 PM »
I get the feeling this kind of thread criticizing a former for being redundant could be made for most people here...

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2014, 06:58:46 PM »
I get the feeling this kind of thread criticizing a former for being redundant could be made for most people here...

Sounds like you found yourself a project.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2014, 12:17:57 PM »
Khush's argument is basically that anyone that doesn't like that art style for Metroid, in other words anyone who doesn't have the same opinion as him on the matter, has an invalid opinion.
But... that's what you do... like all the time.

How so?  Where do I imply that others aren't allowed to have their opinion?  Where do I pre-emptively mock another poster by name as if his opinion on matters should be completely disregarded?  I may disagree with a point but don't try to discourage the point from being made in the first place.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2014, 12:49:00 PM »
Sorry Pokepal148. That post doesn't work. He's right in the pre-emptive part about how I called him out by name and made a post of what I thought he would post in that thread. He hadn't posted anything in that thread yet. When he used my name, he was just responding to the comments already made. It would be different if Ian had posted something about me or said that Khushrenada will probably come and post something about how anyone's opinions are different from his then they are wrong before I actually posted anything in the thread. That would be a pre-emptive strike.

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2014, 05:59:22 PM »

Sounds like you found yourself a project.

https://p.gr-assets.com/540x540/fit/hostedimages/1380965720/3575326.gif