Author Topic: Super Mario All Stars HD +: My idea for NFC Wii U game  (Read 2414 times)

Offline AV

• Score: -4
    • View Profile
Super Mario All Stars HD +: My idea for NFC Wii U game
« on: May 22, 2014, 04:31:21 PM »
My idea for Wii U: Super Mario All Stars HD +

Ok remember Mario 3 on GBA had the e-reader cards? Expand that out on Wii U and this is my idea for NFC Mario Wii U game.
Super Mario All Stars HD +

Mario 1,2,3,World and Lost levels with super pretty graphics with a united graphical theme between games and fully orchestrated music with up to 4 players and each game has an extra world and make a level/share level/upload level to youtube option. And the kicker is scanning NFC figures into the games adds to the gameplay with characters, and power ups not normally found in the game.

Want to play raccoon mario in mario 2? Just scan the NFC feather statue
Want to play with Yoshi in Mario 1? Just scan the NFC statue
Want to play as Kirby in Super Mario Lost levels? Just scan the NFC Statue
Want to play as Samus in Mario 3? Just scan the figure

Just imagine in the insane awesomeness of Mario 3 with 4 players, one person playing as Donkey kong riding yoshi, another person playing as peach with hammer suit, another person playing as kirby who just floating around the screen and one person is double cherry mario.

If you want to just play Mario All Stars HD + without the figures , but you get so much more by buying all the figures.

Thoughts? Reactions? How hard would this be to program?

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
Re: Super Mario All Stars HD +: My idea for NFC Wii U game
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2014, 09:38:01 PM »
If Nintendo was smart they would hire the guy (or make their own) Super Mario Crossover...using all power ups and some new Mario characters. 

I love the idea.  You could download one game for free Super Mario Bros.  Then buy the figurines for bonuses.  Then buy additional games on the eshop to interact with all the figurines.  They could just call the game Nintendo Crossover or something. 

Add maybe have Super Mario World, Super Mario Bros, Kirby, and Zelda 2 as initial games for the launch lineup. 

A unified graphics system would have to be 3D based, but they could do something Cell-shaded with some interesting texture work. 

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2014, 12:13:59 PM »
There's already a precedent for this in NES Remix 1 & 2.

Using NFC to build off that concept would be really cool.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2014, 12:26:58 PM »
They could just do NSMBWii DLC for all the old levels, no need to rip everyone off with a pretty game that only takes 10 minutes to beat.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
  • Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2014, 01:07:51 AM »
They could just do NSMBWii DLC for all the old levels, no need to rip everyone off with a pretty game that only takes 10 minutes to beat.
Yet this is Nintendo we're talking about.  So of course that is what they would do.