Author Topic: Anyone else notice a lot of Nintendo advertisments?  (Read 2131 times)

Offline SuperLink666

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Anyone else notice a lot of Nintendo advertisments?
« on: June 16, 2003, 05:54:54 PM »
Its Monday and I watched FOX until 9:00 and saw a new Wario World commercial (it was pretty funny) about 10 times.

Then I turn it to TNN at 9 and saw that same commercial a buncha times and its still running. I also saw gameboy player, some other gba games i didnt rly pay attention to

.. but damn they are actually promoting gamecube and it makes me want to buy another one!!!
www.warppipe.com
GameCube games - Playable online!

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2003, 06:18:20 PM »
The question is whether you'll see that Wario commercial again more than 2 weeks from now.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline YoungLink

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2003, 06:52:44 PM »
i saw them support a skate compettion actully instead of xbox

Offline Cap

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2003, 07:26:25 PM »
i've seen a few ads for the canadian price drop, but that was about a week ago and i havent seen any since.

edit: i just saw the commercial that i thought was for the price drop, but it was actually the free game ad. can anyone actually confirm that a canadian price drop took place? i thought i read about one a while ago on a few sites(gamespydaily for one) that it was basically effective immediately, but i'm actually not too sure and nintendo's canadian website has no mention of it.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2003, 11:37:25 PM »
i see the free game add every five minutes and i think it and the price drop are the best set of commercials nintendo ahs made so far. No art crap...just stupid humor like every other commercial(i make it sound bad..but its great..they seem to get the product noticed)
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2003, 11:51:29 PM »
Humurous console promo adds still don't make the games look special to the public.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2003, 11:56:30 PM »
i liken htose commercials to taco bell...but i odnt liek the steriotype that blockbuster created...sickening...
i mean taco bell comericals are created by bored people whop had corperate jobs and really hate the world...but they make it so funny. The GC Bundle del is in that vain. Funny stupid retarted commercials are good...remember the original smash bros commercial!(wtf melee pos commercial!)
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline joeamis

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2003, 10:31:41 PM »
in the newest Game Informer magazine, Nintendo has 3 ads in the first 10 pages of the magazine, one for donkey kong country, one for advance wars 2, and one for wario world... I don't ever remember them having that many ads in the front of a magazine... AND get this, each ad is right after the other, you turn the page after dkc ad and you see advance wars 2 ad, you turn the page after that and you see wario world!!!!!

does anyone know if it costs more money to have your ads in the beginning of the magazine?