Author Topic: David Wise to Compose Soundtrack for Donkey Kong Country Returns: Tropical Freeze  (Read 1736 times)

Offline Crimm

• Get your unfiltered Bowsette here!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 1147
    • View Profile

One of the Rare in-house composers responsible for the original Donkey Kong Country's soundtrack is returning to the simian series.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/34556

David Wise is returning to the Donkey Kong Country franchise as the composer for Donkey Kong Country Returns: Tropical Freeze. Formerly an in-house composer at Rare, Wise worked on titles such as Battletoads, Donkey Kong Country, and Diddy Kong Racing.

Nintendo announced Donkey Kong Country Returns: Tropical Freeze during their E3 Nintendo Direct earlier today. It is being developed by Retro Studios for release on Wii U November of this year.

James Jones
Mondo Editor
Nintendo World Report

Offline Retro Deckades

• Score: 8
    • View Profile
This is amazing news! I would have been fine with more remixes, possibly from DKC 2 (Bramble Blast stage music, anyone?) but this is far more exciting! I hope he manages to make some modern DKC classics.

Offline Razorkid

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
THE KING HAS RETURNED!!!

David Wise is a master of gaming soundtracks and is the main reason why the DKC trilogy has become so beloved to me.  This announcement is more of a megaton to me than the actual announcement of the game.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 09:54:30 PM by Razorkid »
"All the world is blind to my passing..."

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
This is really great news! Man I can't wait to hear his new stuff!

After all the developer directs, this E3 has turned out really good actually aside from more surprises.
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
THE KING HAS RETURNED!!!

David Wise is a master of gaming soundtracks and is the main reason why the DKC trilogy has become so beloved to me.  This announcement is more of a megaton to me than the actual announcement of the game.

Agreed. I think this even trumps Dixie's return and anything else revealed about Tropical Freeze so far. There will be some big expectations to make a return to this franchise after all this time. Here's hoping he did because he has had a lot of great ideas to put forth and wanted a chance to get them out there.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
I hope to hear a few remixes from DKC2 this time around.

Offline AnGer

• Score: -3
    • View Profile
All right, you so sold me this game.

Offline Sundoulos

• My mascot is a type of toxic algae
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
That is great news.  Since the main enemy of the games are Vikings, I'm interested to hear what sort of theme music he uses this time around.
"A creature revolting against a creator is revolting against the source of his own powers--including even his power to revolt...It is like the scent of a flower trying to destroy the flower." - C.S. Lewis, in a preface to Milton's Paradise Lost