Author Topic: A ZombiU like MMO??? Sign me the F up  (Read 1718 times)

Offline Mannypon

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
A ZombiU like MMO??? Sign me the F up
« on: October 20, 2012, 12:10:31 AM »
Sup everyone, I just caught wind of this game (mod) and I thought I'd share.  Its only in beta stage right now but the concept sounds really engaging, similar to that of ZombiU but to a larger scale.  From what I can gather, but don't quote me, the game is a massive open world where you must survive hunger, zombies, and other human beings.  I don't think there is an end to the game and its more about survival and for how long. 
The game basically starts you out at a random location.  I think you are given a gun, some rounds, a can of beans, and a bottle of water.  From then on out, you have to scavenge for food, supplies, and shelter.  Your character eventually has to rest and eat.  If you get hurt, you have to bandage the injury before you bleed out and pass out.  If you run into any vehicles, you can repair them if you have the right parts and use them to navigate the world. 

Zombies are not all you have to worry about as other gamers will be just as big a threat.  There might be wandering bands of gamers who might just be out to kill whoever they can outnumber and take their supplies.  You also might luck out and find a group that is willing to take you under their wings thus adding to their armada.  You really never know who you can trust though as in any given moment, that gamer you have been playing with for the past hour might have just been working to earn your trust just to shoot you in the back when you least expect it to take that sweet gun you managed to find.  Or, your partner could decide to leave you behind to a zombie hord in order to facilitate his own escape.  You really never know. 

To add weight to all these encounters, you only get one life in the game.  If you get killed, you have to respawn as a new character with just your initial loot again in another random location. 

Here's a trailer that can really give you a sense of the game.  I'll remind you again that this game is in beta stage so there will be improvements as time goes on. 

Offline Tamazoid

• Score: -5
    • View Profile
Re: A ZombiU like MMO??? Sign me the F up
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2012, 12:36:01 AM »
Where have you been? Day Z hit the mainstream video game circles about at least 3 months ago. There's even been a knock off F2P game announced (War Z) About time there was a thread on this forum though.
Follow me on Twitter
Or join in at the castle

Offline Mannypon

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2012, 01:04:18 AM »
dam, I do stay on top of console news but I do have to admit that I'm out of the loop with PC gaming.  I didn't see a thread on here about it (but I will admit I didn't search, for shame :( lol)  so I decided to put one up.  I've heard the creator is talking to a publisher about making a console version of this if the PC one takes off.  Does anyone on here play this?

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2012, 01:36:39 AM »
It looks rough.

Offline Mannypon

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2012, 02:36:36 AM »
It does indeed but I love the concept.  Been looking into it a bit more and I guess they are modding arma 2 for the beta and looking into releasing a standalone game using thier upcoming Arma 3 engine which would really improve things for them.   The end results seem a long way off though.  I also looked into that War Z game and it looks to be farther along and a similar flavor just not as brutal with its difficulty.