Author Topic: 3DS XL Accesories?  (Read 4187 times)

Offline leahsdad

• This title stolen by Rhythm Thief
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
3DS XL Accesories?
« on: August 16, 2012, 05:20:57 AM »
Anyone seeing accessories being released with the 3DS XL?  For some strange reason, there don't seem be any (as in, absolutely none) which seems awfully uncharacteristic for a Nintendo handheld.  No storage cases, skins, screen protectors, etc..   I know a lot of you guys might scoff at me, but I'm one of those jerks that always gets a storage case and screen protectors.  Yeah, I know.   I also organize all my records, books, and games alphabetically and chronologically.   And I wait a year before I throw out the box for any electronics I buy.  I'm one of THOSE people. 
[Showing off game collection]

Oh yeah, I know I have 2 sealed copies of that game.   1 is for trading.  But people who collect Amiibos?  They really have a problem!

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
Re: 3DS XL Accesories?
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2012, 07:55:32 AM »
A company called Snakebyte apparently has some in Europe: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2012/07/snakebyte_gets_in_early_with_3ds_xl_accessories

It might take some time.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline leahsdad

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2012, 05:21:19 PM »
Someone from Hori must read the posts in this forum.  Or at least, mine.   

3DS XL Hard Case http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008OGWH3A/ref=oh_details_o00_s01_i00

3DS XL Screen Protectors  http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008HPAXZ2/ref=oh_details_o00_s01_i02

The hard case won't be available (on Amazon, at least) until September.  Which is forcing me to decide "Just how much of a poindexter am I?  Will I actually wait until September, lest I accidently smudge my precious 3DS in my bag"   

I whisper, in shame, "yes."

Oh yeah, I know I have 2 sealed copies of that game.   1 is for trading.  But people who collect Amiibos?  They really have a problem!

Offline tyrian3

• Score: -2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2012, 05:28:49 AM »
I'm on the same situation, I'm not taking my new xl out if I don't have a carrying case!
Amazon UK has one from their line called Amazonbasics, sadly the black one is out of stock (only red available).
I'm waiting for that because it's cheap and from the reviews seems decent enough.

plus, I need screen protectors for the touch screen...I think proporta had one you could cut to size, adaptable to most devices. I'd prefer something made for the XL, we'll see what comes out.
As for the ac adapter, I strongly reccomend getting a usb to dsi cable. It's cheap, easily available (since it's not specific for 3ds or 3ds xl) and works fine with a wall plug adapter aswell.

Offline leahsdad

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2012, 07:17:24 AM »

plus, I need screen protectors for the touch screen...I think proporta had one you could cut to size, adaptable to most devices. I'd prefer something made for the XL, we'll see what comes out.
As for the ac adapter, I strongly reccomend getting a usb to dsi cable. It's cheap, easily available (since it's not specific for 3ds or 3ds xl) and works fine with a wall plug adapter aswell.

No one sells Hori accessories in the UK?  I find that hard to believe....they're a pretty large company.   I know everyone loves them for their fighting sticks, but most of their other accessories are actually very good.   If it's not too expensive, I'm sure whatever retailer you use for import stuff should carry Hori.

And the USB to DSI cables are a lifesaver!  Especially if when you're traveling--  I'm going to take my netbook with me on trips anyway, so I can just charge through there, which is especially convenient since most hotels I stay at tend to skimp on outlets in the room.

Offline tyrian3

• Score: -2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2012, 05:03:37 AM »

No one sells Hori accessories in the UK?  I find that hard to believe....they're a pretty large company.   I know everyone loves them for their fighting sticks, but most of their other accessories are actually very good.   If it's not too expensive, I'm sure whatever retailer you use for import stuff should carry Hori.

And the USB to DSI cables are a lifesaver!  Especially if when you're traveling--  I'm going to take my netbook with me on trips anyway, so I can just charge through there, which is especially convenient since most hotels I stay at tend to skimp on outlets in the room.

Even though I'm Italian, I often shop online from the UK (mostly Amazon UK and Play.com) because I find better prices there. I'm checking them out, plus a number of other retailers, and I can't find XL cases anywhere, let alone screen protectors. The only one I found was on amazon but only the red one is in stock, having a blue 3dsxl I'd prefer at least the black option. Amazon IT doesn't have it either, the only thing I can do is wait. I've seen the Hori accessories on AmazonCOM but it's not very convenient for me to import atm, I hope they will be made available in Europe soon.

EDIT: Could I just use a DSi XL case instead? are they good for the 3ds xl?
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 05:29:55 AM by tyrian3 »

Offline leahsdad

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2012, 07:43:10 PM »

Even though I'm Italian, I often shop online from the UK (mostly Amazon UK and Play.com) because I find better prices there. I'm checking them out, plus a number of other retailers, and I can't find XL cases anywhere, let alone screen protectors. The only one I found was on amazon but only the red one is in stock, having a blue 3dsxl I'd prefer at least the black option. Amazon IT doesn't have it either, the only thing I can do is wait. I've seen the Hori accessories on AmazonCOM but it's not very convenient for me to import atm, I hope they will be made available in Europe soon.

EDIT: Could I just use a DSi XL case instead? are they good for the 3ds xl?

That's odd, I know Hori has a presence in the UK, they've got a UK office, website, etc.   And I finally got my XL and applied the screen protectors, they are wonderful.  I would say less glare, better quality than their 3DS original screen protectors, and those were pretty darn great.

I don't think you can use an Dsi XL case, though, since the 3DS XL is actually smaller!  It's about a centimeter less wide than the DSI XL.  The Hori 3DS XL hardcases are the only things I've seen on the internet, and those aren't even shipping yet...I think I still have to wait another 2 weeks.