Author Topic: First Look at Wii U Game Case Design  (Read 8593 times)

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
Re: First Look at Wii U Game Case Design
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2012, 08:01:43 PM »
You know why it's yellow? Wii Wii.

The yellow band represents the Wii Stream (Stream was the codename for the system at one time, wasn't it?), and the Blue semi circle represents the blue ocean market that the Wii and Wii U are targetting. The Yellow Wii stream is circling that blue ocean the way a shark circles its prey.
is your sanity...

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2012, 08:39:45 PM »
Peeing in the pool, the "Yellow Ocean" strategy

Offline NeoStar9X

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2012, 09:07:21 PM »
I do wish the case was smaller. Game cased in general really should be. Just big enough to fix the disc with a little extra so it isn't rubbing up against the sides. It's not like they include think manuals anymore.

However I do like the design and colors that were picked for the Wii U cases.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2012, 10:56:41 PM »
Interesting... they're sticking with traditional DVD cases. I kinda assumed they'd be going with Blu-ray-type cases this time around.

Why? I prefer the standard size of DVD cases, as it's used by DVDs, Xbox 360, Wii, GameCube, and PS2. I don't want oddball size like PS3.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2012, 01:20:33 AM »
It looks beautifull. I can't say the same for the plastic, but I'll get used to it. Just one more thing left... or two: Date and pricing wich shall be umm $300 for WiiU, $60 for games and last weekend of November?

You expect Nintendo to release the Wii on on Black Friday? I think you are the only one that would expect something like that to happen.

Maybe the friday before, but not ON Black Friday.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2012, 08:06:52 AM »
Nintendo launches stuff on Sundays (at least systems). I think most people see the Sunday before Black Friday as the most likely date.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Pixelated Pixies

• Just call me PixPix™
  • Score: -178
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2012, 08:53:30 AM »
I'm not really digging the covers to be honest. I think the baby blue and white colour scheme is a little too temperate and inconspicious. I also believe there is still going to be confusion among casual gamers as to whether or not Wii U games will play on their Wii, especially in today's market where a purple 360 box indicates that it's a Kinect supported game. If mainstream media outlets are getting confused, I guarantee you that some people will think they simply need to buy a Wii U controller to play these games. That's more a problem with the Wii U name rather than cover design though.

Ultimately I don't think the box design matters all that much. The design of the covers is the least of Wii U's problems as far as I'm concerned.

« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 08:55:42 AM by Pixelated Pixies »
Gouge away.

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
  • Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2012, 08:20:16 PM »
Looks like Blu-Ray. I like it though.
Looks nothing like bluray.  Bluray have shorter cases and much darker blue.