Author Topic: The (put topic here) Zelda records  (Read 1647 times)

Offline temjin11

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
The (put topic here) Zelda records
« on: May 18, 2003, 08:04:28 PM »
-What do you think the hardest zelda game is?I think its the original Legend of zelda.  IT SO FRICKIN HARD!!! I can't beat the sixth dungeon without a like-like eating my shield, and I keep being killed by wizzrobes 3 seconds later.  everything hurts you too much, and it takes too long to buy your shield back if its eaten.  Plus, it is 1 of 2 zelda games I've played and haven't beaten.  It's just too hard.

-How many times have you all died on one file on any zelda game?  when I was 8 and had links awakening I got 375+ deaths.  My next try a few years later got 3.  But I started playing LoZ again and I already have 35+.  Its just too hard.

What do you think was the worst zelda game?  I think it was LttP.

- can you come up with other interesting topics like these, too?
If we could only look at things we could afford we'd all be looking at crap.

Except video games...

Offline nitsu niflheim

• Eye-Candy Andy
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2003, 10:57:29 AM »
The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages.  The Goron Dance to be specific.  Being partially deaf made this puzzle near impossible for me because you have to listen for the sound to tell you when you need to press the button to do the next dance move.  I spent more time on that part than both Oracle games combined.  I almost destroyed both my GBC and Oracle of Ages game because It was so damn frustrating.  I am all for demanding puzzles, but something like that should not be in a game where.  No puzzle in a game should require a player to hear what is going on (especially a Gameboy game.), it's insensitive.
Currently Reading:  Odd Apocalypse ~ Dean Koontz
Currently Watching:  ?

Offline enigma487

• Scalar, The Destructor!
    • View Profile
RE: The (put topic here) Zelda records
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2003, 07:32:13 AM »
how can you call Lttp the worst Zelda game?  that's pure blasphemy.  i would argue that it was the best, and will reign supreme for a long time.  Wind-Waker was almost as good.

and the original zelda isn't hard.  The Adventure of Link was hard.  i've beaten every zelda game with a zero life count except for the Adventure of Link.  as for Ocarina of Time, i beat that with 3 hearts and no upgrade from the last fairy.

Edit:  and as for the worst game(s), Oracle of Ages/Seasons both lose with a tie for worst zelda games ever.
Edit:  can i just ask about how old you are?  which leads into...which Zelda games did you play first?  that carries a heavy bias as to what you think are the good games, and which ones would be harder.

Offline temjin11

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2003, 02:09:50 PM »
You must be like a zelda master to beat the first zelda game with life count zero.
\Anyways, for some reason LttP didn't impress me as much as some of the other FLAT zelda games.  I do agree that AoL was pretty hard, but it gets a lot easier after you learn some moves (in my opinion).

Back to your post,  I think the Oracle games were great.  They did a good job with puzzles. some confused me a bit.  thats good to look for in a zelda game.  I'm only 14, and the first game I played was Links awakening, or LoZ, I forget.  My parents kept me from video games until I was 6, which I got hooked on after I learned how to play them.  I've only been getting better.  That was their worst fear.

I mean, all zelda games are good, its just after a while, they just aren't as appealing.  When you think about it, LttP is better than links awakening, which I found was slow and klunky after playing the oracle games and lttp.  And the Snes version of LttP was better than the game boy, cause sound is better, and theres no fear of hearing link do that annoying shout after every sword swipe.

BTW:  the reason the nes games are harder for me is that they are not always available.  I might have completed them years ago if I hadn't had the nes and all 40 games out at the cabin.  plus, I've started to play LoZ more often because my friend somehow found them on Animal crossing with this device called action replay.

I still think LoZ is hardest though.
If we could only look at things we could afford we'd all be looking at crap.

Except video games...

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE: The (put topic here) Zelda records
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2003, 02:23:10 PM »
Wrap a bunch of polls into one and...it's still a poll.
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers