Author Topic: The Simpsons are finally being put out of their misery  (Read 10972 times)

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Re: The Simpsons are finally being put out of their misery
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2011, 09:38:31 AM »
What do you mean King of the Hill got canned to make room for the Cleveland Show? If that is true, I can only hate that Cleveland Show even more. The Cleveland Show is criminally bad.

As for the Simpsons, I am pretty Ho-hum about it, live or die, I don't care. The Simpsons had hit multi-seasons spanning lows when it stop being about the Simpsons and completely focused on Homer. Endless seasons of Homer, unending episodes of that fat **** and his next adventure into idiocracy. The same thing happened to Family guy, just endless fucking Peter episodes. The Simpsons had HUNDREDS of characters more interesting than Homer and they were telling me there was nothing else interesting to tell me about them over 23 fucking seasons? Yet everytime, it's Homer does stupid, problems arise from stupid, crisis resolves itself when everyone else picks up Homers slack and Homer gets hit with blunt objects enough times per episode.

If it dies, I can only hope they get some fresh meat, not more Seth McFarlane. I like 2 out of his 3 shows with American Dad easily the most consistently funny.

Bring back The Tick, anything, something different that isn't another animated nuclear family sitcom.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2011, 09:57:17 AM »
The Tick would be awesome.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Morari

• 46 DC EA D3 17 FE 45 D8 09 23 EB 97 E4 95 64 10 D4 CD B2 C2
  • Score: -7237
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2011, 10:59:49 AM »
I always liked the live action Tick better. It made it even more surrealistic.
"This post has been censored for your protection."

--Bureau of Internet Morality

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2011, 11:15:46 AM »
SPOOOOON!!!

But Fox has tried to get more cartoons to fill the block... all of them have failed.
If anything, they might just bring back King of the Hill... but I don't know if it's been gone long enough yet.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2011, 11:24:55 AM »
King of the Hill is dead.  That was an all about momentum show.  Much like a tradition.  Once the tradition is broke it will never be as strong again.

The could do The Tick cartoon again.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2011, 12:15:15 PM »
The Tick failed on saturday morning cartoons and again on primetime Live action

I doubt they would try it again... It might have better success being revived on Cartoon Network or Comedy Central though.

TAFT!!

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2011, 12:28:40 PM »
It Fox or Sci-Fi failed.  Which has no real bearing on real human beings concepts of failure.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2011, 01:25:07 PM »
What do you mean King of the Hill got canned to make room for the Cleveland Show? If that is true, I can only hate that Cleveland Show even more. The Cleveland Show is criminally bad.

From Wikipedia

Although the series' ratings remained consistent through the 10th, 11th, and 12th seasons, and began to rise in the overall Nielsen ratings (up to the 105th most watched series on television, up from 118 in the 8th season), Fox in 2008 abruptly announced that the series had been canceled. The cancellation coincided with the announcement that Seth MacFarlane, creator of American Dad! and Family Guy, would be creating a spinoff series for Family Guy entitled The Cleveland Show. The news came out about the same time that Fox cancelled a recent addition to its animated programming lineup, Sit Down, Shut Up. This was coupled with the revelation that Cleveland would be taking over King of the Hill's timeslot.[10]
is your sanity...

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2011, 01:39:30 PM »
That doesn't mean that KotH was canned for TCS, but more likely that TCS was green lit because they planned on canning KotH.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2011, 07:24:56 PM »
I'm sorry but King of the Hill fans need to be glad with what they got.  The show last for 13 seasons and had 259 episodes, that's way longer then most television shows.  Plus it got to have a proper ending and stopped before it ever became terrible like The Simpsons did.

I mean come on, all people eventually run out of ideas for a series and that's why all longrunning television series eventually turn to crap.  It was only a matter of time before it happened to King of the Hill.  Be happy it got to finish while still on top.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline Morari

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2011, 08:38:02 PM »
King of the Hill was one of the funniest cartoons ever. It was wonderfully dry and satirical in most cases. Not like this random wiz-bang junk that McFarlane pushes out in slightly different wrappers. I mean, it's pretty good when the worst thing Mike Judge has ever done was Idiocracy. :P

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 07, 2011, 08:45:25 PM »
Who was it that said HA HA?

Groening & Co. say

back

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/simpsons-renewed-two-more-seasons-245748
The Simpsons are safe for two more seasons, which will bring them to a historic 25 years on network TV, longer than any other scripted series.

After tense negotiations with the voice acting cast for a renewal, Fox announced Friday afternoon that the longest running comedy in history will return for a 24th and 25th season.

Fox did not reveal the terms of the deals with the actors, but sources say they accepted a sharp cut in pay, of around 30% from the $440,000 for each of 22 episodes they had been making.

Fox said in its announcement The Simpsons will return on Oct. 30 with new episodes, beginning with the Treehouse of Horrors XXII.â€

MORE TO COME...

I bet they read my post... ;)

25 years. 2.5 decades. 1/4 century.
I hope they end it on a good note at the end of the anniversary season.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 07, 2011, 10:59:39 PM »
I think making half a million dollars to do the voice on a half hour show for hundreds of episodes is beyond ridiculous.
is your sanity...

Offline Morari

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 07, 2011, 11:23:43 PM »
Still better than all of those undeserving, uneducated jocks out there with corporate sponsorship.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 08, 2011, 12:31:46 AM »
F*CK

Guess they have to rape the corpse a little bit longer then.  :@
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 08, 2011, 07:59:44 AM »
What are you so upset about? No one is strapping you to a chair and forcing you to watch The Simpsons.

I haven't watched The Simpsons consistently since the 11th season. My favorite seasons were seasons 4 to the middle of season 9. I also liked the movie. It was better than some of the episodes in later seasons I saw. I'm glad the show got renewed and the producers are given ample time to think of a way to end the series, even if there isn't a running storyline or anything.

I think at least part of the reason why the actors and producers took a pay cut was because the show deserves a true send off. Even with a pay cut they're paid extremely well. All mainstream entertainers including athletes are grossly overpaid for the actual "work" they do but they make companies a lot of money and fans foot the bill so people can't be too upset about the salaries they make. They're providing a "service" the general public is willing to pay for.

Anyway, I'm probably still not going to watch The Simpsons since I don't have cable, or an antenna/converter box. Fox is also the worst channel when it comes to fostering new shows. Sure, they tend to greenlight a lot of shows that would never, ever have a chance on NBC, CBS, or ABC but unless the show is a break out success from the get-go, Fox typically cancels it mid-season and doesn't air the rest of the episodes. Fail.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 08:03:34 AM by Adrock »

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 08, 2011, 11:49:50 AM »
Yeah, I haven't watched the Simpsons in a long time and probably won't again anytime soon but I don't particularly want to see it get cancelled. The only thing that might be good if it gets cancelled is that it would free up a time slot and something good might come along, but aside from that why should I want the Simpsons to go away? It neither breaks my bones nor picks my pockets. I don't get why someone would be so upset as Luigi Dude apparently is about it being renewed.

You can't use that argument that the show should "end with grace" or "quit while its ahead", because apparently everyone agrees it was too late for that many seasons ago. So if the damage is already long done, what can another two seasons hurt?
« Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 11:54:22 AM by Chozo Ghost »
is your sanity...

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #42 on: October 08, 2011, 03:36:51 PM »
I'd much rather see the show take a year or so off. A hiatus would really do the show the show some good. Give a little break for the writers to work come up with fresher ideas, maybe do something else.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.