Author Topic: Episode 218: Killed in the Restroom, Again  (Read 10745 times)

Offline Sundoulos

• My mascot is a type of toxic algae
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 218: Killed in the Restroom, Again
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2010, 05:59:39 PM »
I actually decided to buy a used copy of Assault on the cheap not too long ago, but I haven't played it yet.  I was always scared away by the negative press it got, but I love Star Fox.
"A creature revolting against a creator is revolting against the source of his own powers--including even his power to revolt...It is like the scent of a flower trying to destroy the flower." - C.S. Lewis, in a preface to Milton's Paradise Lost

Offline greybrick

• Up the Irons!
  • Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2010, 07:15:32 PM »
Dude, Star Fox Assault FTW. It has it's bad points, but I kind of enjoyed the single-player. Also, that multiplayer was awesome.

Nate, let's talk Assault on Newscast tonight. Why? I don't know.

I think the more pertinent question is: why not?

The more I think about this, the more things I remember that I liked about Assault. I say we play this at some point during E3.
Bless you, my child.
Please turn the power OFF.

And Jonny, you don't ride the giant Cheep-Cheep

Offline kraken613

• tinyurl.com/2lrx46
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2010, 07:30:36 PM »
This is kinda off subject but I wanted to thank Jonny for all the drops of Giant Bomb you have been doing the past few months especially. I had looked at the site a bit before every now and then but the past month or so I have really gotten into it. It has a great podcast and everything on that site especially the Quick Looks are crazy entertaining. So thanks for pointing me that direction.
~David~
3DS: 5214-9250-6646 - David
Playing Now: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Offline yoshi1001

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
    • PIRN-Pokemon Radio
« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2010, 07:39:30 PM »
You should have said "James Jones Will Return In Episode 219". Otherwise good.
For Pokemon news and interviews, check us out at:

http://pokepress.blogspot.com/

Offline NWR_Neal

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2010, 08:00:13 PM »
If it weren't for the fact that Super Meat Boy and Rock Band 3 (and potentially GoldenEye Wii soon) rule my gaming time with friends, I'd bust out Assault. One of my good friends bought the game on the strength of the multi.
Neal Ronaghan
Director, NWR

"Fungah! Foiled again!"

Offline Sundoulos

• My mascot is a type of toxic algae
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2010, 09:36:06 AM »
I really wish Nintendo would let someone make another Starfox.  When the Wii was released I was hoping that they would release one with a strong on-line multiplayer mode; there's no reason it couldn't have been done. 

In fact, I rather liked Starfox Command's multiplayer; I just didn't care for the stylus control scheme.  It didn't take long for me to start getting hand cramps.

You guys have inspired me to pop in that copy of Assault.  It's about time for me to give it a try. 
"A creature revolting against a creator is revolting against the source of his own powers--including even his power to revolt...It is like the scent of a flower trying to destroy the flower." - C.S. Lewis, in a preface to Milton's Paradise Lost

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2010, 09:13:52 PM »
I've considered getting Assault for awhile now. If I see it cheap, I'll pick it up.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2010, 08:25:29 PM »
Great Goldeneye discussion and thread comments. You all covered all the bases on this classic game.
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline LittleIrves

• Title = Ha.
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
    • Kill Screen
« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2010, 01:50:22 PM »
Funny, how the usual RFN crew nearly laughed Nathan's love of Assault off of the show, but now everyone's coming out and expressing a renewed interest in the game.  Count me among the many who love Star Fox but have never played Assault due to its ignominious reputation (if I used that word correctly).  But I've also almost gotten it used -- so this might be the push I needed.  If Nintendo won't give me a new one to buy, I'll make due with giving my hard-earned bucks to second-hand sellers.  If the Gamecube ever becomes Retroactive territory, it might make for interesting conversation...
Contributing writer at killscreendaily.com

Offline greybrick

• Up the Irons!
  • Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2010, 03:38:28 PM »
Funny, how the usual RFN crew nearly laughed Nathan's love of Assault off of the show, but now everyone's coming out and expressing a renewed interest in the game.  Count me among the many who love Star Fox but have never played Assault due to its ignominious reputation (if I used that word correctly).  But I've also almost gotten it used -- so this might be the push I needed.  If Nintendo won't give me a new one to buy, I'll make due with giving my hard-earned bucks to second-hand sellers.  If the Gamecube ever becomes Retroactive territory, it might make for interesting conversation...

I have been toying with the idea of proposing an Assault feature on Newscast (post-game of course). It would be fun to hear what Zach thinks of it as a newcomer. We did touch on Assault for a bit on ep 30 of Newscast, in which I fully came out of the SFA closet.
Bless you, my child.
Please turn the power OFF.

And Jonny, you don't ride the giant Cheep-Cheep

Offline Enner

• My sales numbers, let me show you them
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2010, 05:54:46 PM »
http://www.exient.net/news/item/the_secret_is_out.html

I was wrong about Criterion being the developer of Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit for the Wii. The developer is Exient who worked on the Wii version of Need for Speed Undercover.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exient_Entertainment

Offline Halbred

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2010, 08:06:43 PM »

I have been toying with the idea of proposing an Assault feature on Newscast (post-game of course). It would be fun to hear what Zach thinks of it as a newcomer. We did touch on Assault for a bit on ep 30 of Newscast, in which I fully came out of the SFA closet.

I'm going to warn you straight up--I think Star Fox (SNES) is the best game in the series, followed by Star Fox 64.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline NWR_Neal

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 14, 2010, 10:46:02 PM »
Zach, I knew there was a reason we were best friends.

I totally adore Star Fox 64, but the original is by far my favorite in the series. There's something sublime about how it plays, and the music totally effing rocks.
Neal Ronaghan
Director, NWR

"Fungah! Foiled again!"

Offline Halbred

• NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #38 on: November 15, 2010, 05:37:20 PM »
The music, sir, is second to NONE.