Author Topic: Metroid Prime Record Set  (Read 1943 times)

Offline NewsBot

• News Posting Robot
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Metroid Prime Record Set
« on: May 03, 2003, 06:08:59 PM »
Retro Studios' masterpiece has been completed in only 1 hour, 46 minutes.

Twin Galaxies, the organization responsible for recording and maintaining world records in gaming, has announced their newest world record holder.  Henru Wang from Berkeley, California has beaten Metroid Prime in just 1 hour and 46 minutes.

Wang accomplished this feat through a combination of speedy movement, strategic use of the Morph Ball and bombs for transportation, and knowledge of which upgrades can be skipped or obtained out of order.  He plans to continue improving his time, but the current milestone is enough to earn his place in the record books.

Hit the link above for an interview with Wang and more information about the record-setting run.

"Domo Arigato, Mr. Roboto ..."

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
Metroid Prime Record Set
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2003, 06:31:13 PM »
thats crazy..... for now on he will be crazy Wang.... got Wang?
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline dilbert627

• View Profile
RE: Metroid Prime Record Set
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2003, 06:46:12 PM »
WOW.  I've always been interested in speeding through Metroid. It's quite fun.  I can do Super Metroid 100% in 1:23.  But my best Prime Time (heh) is still over 4 hours.  I'll probably be trying to improve that time until the next Metroid comes out

Also, it doesn't say whether this was with 100% items/scans or not.  If so, that would be even more impressive.

Offline GaimeGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2003, 07:03:17 PM »
These gamers who can blaze through games at lightning speeds are freaks.  They're damn freaks.

Offline BlackGriffen

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2003, 07:25:59 PM »
Well, whenever someone complains about the pace of MP, I can just call them lazy.

BG

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
Metroid Prime Record Set
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2003, 08:17:04 PM »
It's definitely without 100% items and scans...it actually does say so, saying he skipped several upgrades.  
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA