Author Topic: Good bye, Frank Frazetta  (Read 1408 times)

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
  • Score: 30
    • View Profile
    • Web Design Web Hosting Computer Sales and Service
Good bye, Frank Frazetta
« on: May 11, 2010, 01:28:11 AM »
Frank was the the most awesome painter ever. He died today at the age of 82, and served to inspire pretty much every other fantasy artist since. I found great inspiration in his work too. He will be missed but he made a lasting mark.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
Re: Good bye, Frank Frazetta
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2010, 02:21:37 AM »
The Death Dealer. Recognize.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2010, 05:39:20 AM »
Doesn't that look like something out of Twilight Princess? It Should, Yusuke Nakano the lead artist on TP and the Character Designer for OOT said Frazetta was a big influence in the inside zelda articles . I edited Frazetta's Wikipedia page in July 2009. :P

R.I.P.

« Last Edit: May 11, 2010, 05:59:30 AM by ThePerm »
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2010, 01:30:18 PM »
Now what are Molly Hatchet going to use for their album covers?

Frank Frazetta is the coolest artist ever.  His subject matter is usually this sword and sorcery stuff that you can just imagine serious art critics rolling their eyes over.  But, dammit, that's fun subject matter.  In fact usually any book that has a Frazetta drawing is somewhat of a letdown because when you see one of his paintings your imagination just wanders and no story can live up to that.  The potential story that the drawing COULD be telling is always better than the real thing.

Looking at his work the most out-there stuff is sword and sorcery... IN SPACE!  It's like He-Man for adults!

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
  • Score: 30
    • View Profile
    • Web Design Web Hosting Computer Sales and Service
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2010, 03:45:49 PM »
His comic book work before he started painting is just as stunning, even if the subject matter is suspect (romance comics??).