Author Topic: Question about New DS Purchase  (Read 2367 times)

Offline assassin1234

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Question about New DS Purchase
« on: March 17, 2010, 05:57:16 PM »
Hi,

I just bought a new DS (regular, not dsi) and it had screen protectors on it. I was wondering if the store sold me a pre-opened package or does nintendo put screen protectors on it now.

Thanks

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Re: Question about New DS Purchase
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2010, 06:21:55 PM »
I think that there was screen protectors in the packaging for the DS and DSLite. I got the Original DS back around the time Meteos came out originally. I think it came with screen protectors.
I got the DS Lite back a few christmas ago December 2008 and it came with screen protectors.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2010, 06:55:02 PM »
I don't remember screen protectors coming with my lite or my DSi.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2010, 06:55:32 PM »
Neither my launch DS nor my six-month old DSi came with screen protectors.  As far as I know Nintendo doesn't include screen protectors inside the package.  It's quite possible you received an open package and/or a used system.

Does the system show any signs of wear?  When you went into your system settings was there already a user name setup and/or was the clock set?  Have you tried registering your system on Club Nintendo and if so, did it say the system was registered to someone else?
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2010, 07:32:00 PM »
Nintendo stopped making the original DS several years ago, so I highly doubt they sold you a new system (unless maybe it was a mom and pop shop that doesn't sell many games and thus could potentially have a system that has been sitting on their shelf for years).

There should be signs of whether it is new or used right on the package itself.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline assassin1234

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2010, 09:40:35 PM »
it is a ds lite. it has screen protectors. no name set to it. it looks brand new, except for the screen protectors ofcourse

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2010, 09:56:04 PM »
were the screen protectors the shape of the screen with little tab on them so you could remove it?

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2010, 10:05:36 PM »
were the screen protectors the shape of the screen with little tab on them so you could remove it?

LOL, good thinking BnM. Were all banging our heads trying to figure out what this is and it's staring us in the face. It's the initial plastic film you pull off the screen.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline assassin1234

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2010, 10:32:40 PM »
the screen protectors have a white border around them, and the border was sticky so they stuck on the screens. no tabs on them.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2010, 11:23:37 PM »
could be a DSL that someone bought, opened and then returned.
They would probably put it back on the shelf as new if the person returned everything along with it and didn't damage the box in any way.

It looks like you just got yourself a free screen protector.