Author Topic: Capcom Announces Mega Man 10 for WiiWare  (Read 12218 times)

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
Re: Capcom Announces Mega Man 10 for WiiWare
« Reply #50 on: December 14, 2009, 12:50:02 PM »
MM9 was the Toilet Princess of Mega Man games.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 14, 2009, 12:53:32 PM »

No, at least Twilight Princess looks better than previous Zelda games.  Mega Man 9 can't say the same compared to previous games in its series.  If you're going to make a new NES game, fine...but make it the best-looking NES game ever.  The level design was pretty poor as well.  In fact, only the soundtrack was considerably awesome, IMO.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2009, 01:00:37 PM by broodwars »
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 14, 2009, 02:26:09 PM »
but when you say the game fell flat for doing what its SUPPOSED to do (and doing it perfectly) well.. that's different :)
But I don't think it really achieved its goal. It was attempting to replicate Mega Man 2 but it is nowhere near as good. It's easy to make a game 8-bit and say "here's an NES game!" and yeah, they accomplished that, but it's just not very well designed.

I'm not expecting anything; Mega Man 9 WAS what I expected it to be, a game that tries too hard to replicate a past greatness but fails in that regard because greatness cannot be achieved if you're specifically trying to create it. A game stuck in the past that's still good but squandering its potential. I expect the same from Mega Man 10. Capcom misses the point of why those old games are so highly regarded: great design and great music. Neither needs to be confined to the limitations of the NES to exist. Mega Man should take a page from New Super Mario Brothers.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2009, 02:28:18 PM by Mop_it_up »

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #53 on: December 14, 2009, 02:39:33 PM »
but when you say the game fell flat for doing what its SUPPOSED to do (and doing it perfectly) well.. that's different :)
But I don't think it really achieved its goal. It was attempting to replicate Mega Man 2 but it is nowhere near as good. It's easy to make a game 8-bit and say "here's an NES game!" and yeah, they accomplished that, but it's just not very well designed.

I'm not expecting anything; Mega Man 9 WAS what I expected it to be, a game that tries too hard to replicate a past greatness but fails in that regard because greatness cannot be achieved if you're specifically trying to create it. A game stuck in the past that's still good but squandering its potential. I expect the same from Mega Man 10. Capcom misses the point of why those old games are so highly regarded: great design and great music. Neither needs to be confined to the limitations of the NES to exist. Mega Man should take a page from New Super Mario Brothers.

Toilet Princess, indeed.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 14, 2009, 02:49:39 PM »
If Twilight Princess used Nintendo 64-quality graphics, sound, and limitations, then I suppose it would be like Mega Man 9.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 14, 2009, 03:18:35 PM »
Yeah, like having no camera controls or crap like that.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #56 on: December 14, 2009, 03:41:03 PM »
Two Ocarina of Times duct-taped together.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 14, 2009, 03:51:00 PM »
Didn't mm9 do things musicaly that actually couldn't be doneon the NES,I thought I read that here actually...

And we're gonna have to agree to disagree because I put mm9 in my top 3 mm games (which is 2, 3, & 9)
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #58 on: December 14, 2009, 03:54:18 PM »
Didn't mm9 do things musicaly that actually couldn't be doneon the NES,I thought I read that here actually...

And we're gonna have to agree to disagree because I put mm9 in my top 3 mm games (which is 2, 3, & 9)

Yeah, it rehashed old content (music from less popular NES MM games).  It's a very modern tech thing to do.

Only a couple tracks (or very very few) were actually original.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #59 on: December 14, 2009, 06:22:09 PM »

So it's the best Mega Man game ever?
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #60 on: December 14, 2009, 06:31:56 PM »
Since you need clarification, it's one of the most forgettable face-palmiest of the series.  An indication that the game industry is going downhill in a merry sled.  When the bar is set so high in the past, it's so much easier to go under it.  That is Toilet Princess.  That is Mineral Guy 9.

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 14, 2009, 09:15:50 PM »
Since you need clarification, it's one of the most forgettable face-palmiest of the series.  An indication that the game industry is going downhill in a merry sled.  When the bar is set so high in the past, it's so much easier to go under it.  That is Toilet Princess.  That is Mineral Guy 9.

well if thats the case.. i'd like to quote this:

Quote from:  From "A Strange Day" by The Cure
My head falls backs
And the walls crash down
And the sky
And the impossible
Explode
Held for one moment I remember a song
An impression of sound
Then everything is gone
Forever

If the industry's going downhill, then this awesome game is like the song i'll remember before my time comes..

February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.