Author Topic: Telltale says iPhone is more powerful than the Wii.  (Read 6830 times)

Offline bustin98

• Bustin' out kids
  • Score: 30
    • View Profile
    • Web Design Web Hosting Computer Sales and Service
Re: Telltale says iPhone is more powerful than the Wii.
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2009, 12:46:46 AM »
I want to add that Nintendo created the specs of the Wii (and the Gamecube) to optimise the various frequencies of the components. What good is having extra RAM if the GPU clock cycles haven't completed and ready to read the next set of instructions? I think its all about how well you work with the system instead of trying to ram a PC train of thought down the throat of the Wii.

I'm not a Wii programmer, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night.

Offline Peachylala

• Bunk Pass Itch
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2009, 01:30:28 AM »
My personal opinion is that the Wii isn't HD due to money. Nintendo didn't think the Wii would have the same staying power as the DS from the get-go, but look at it now.

And it's also making Ninty a profit. In other words: Profit + time to develop games with a good budget = Triple A titles.
Peachy got himself a 360 Slim. ...Yahoo?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2009, 01:57:22 AM »
I want to add that Nintendo created the specs of the Wii (and the Gamecube) to optimise the various frequencies of the components. What good is having extra RAM if the GPU clock cycles haven't completed and ready to read the next set of instructions? I think its all about how well you work with the system instead of trying to ram a PC train of thought down the throat of the Wii.

I'm not a Wii programmer, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night.

From what I remember back in those days, it seemed more like Nintendo tweaked down for optimization instead of tweaking up.
They have never had an unprofitable year, so its not like they couldn't afford the bump. Besides, a little extra RAM never hurt nobody.

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2009, 04:34:31 AM »
But then it would've been more than 2 GameCubes worth of hardware.  Can't have that, no sir.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Nick DiMola

• Staff Alumnus
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
    • PixlBit
« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2009, 06:59:24 AM »
I just wanted to quickly comment here after playing Monkey Island. It's very obvious that these remarks are in retaliation to all the **** they are inevitably taking over how badly this game runs.

The graphics look like **** and it's the choppiest fucking game I've ever seen. Framerate stutters like crazy and loading is atrocious. If this is an issue with WiiWare limitations, they should've packed up the whole game, tweaked it, and released it on a disc. It's a shame that the game runs so poorly too because what I've played of it thus far is genuinely enjoyable.
Check out PixlBit!

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2009, 07:24:51 AM »
How are you able to derive enjoyment from something that, technically speaking, interrupts your enjoyment of it?

Offline Nick DiMola

• Staff Alumnus
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
    • PixlBit
« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2009, 03:08:18 PM »
Well it's annoying don't get me wrong, but it is possible to look past it. It's hard to explain, but the core material does seem enjoyable. The puzzles are fulfilling and the voice acting is expressive and humorous, it's just technically under-par.
Check out PixlBit!

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2009, 12:43:19 PM »
Weren't their previous Wii titles technically unambitious?  It would make sense to me that they're inexperienced and unpracticed with Wii.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.