Author Topic: Punisher War Zone...  (Read 1204 times)

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
Punisher War Zone...
« on: April 15, 2009, 12:21:25 PM »
...I just watched this the other day. It was pretty terrible, but pretty great at the same time. Jigsaw was awesome, they got him down perfectly for this movie. Frank Castle/The Punisher was portrayed rather well also, though they did make him look a little *too* sensitive in a couple scenes, but they probably felt they had to do that to get people to identify with him, if that's possible. It's very violent, and the Punisher is a genuine badass, and I like the fact that he's a Marine Instructor in this one...and his family witnessed a mob execution, and were promptly killed by said mob, just like in the comics. Good movie - terrible script (which is why Thomas Jane gave up, apparently). It did terrible in theaters and there probably won't be any more of them, but it was rated R and was barely promoted, so it's kind of Lions Gate/Marvel's fault I guess.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
Re: Punisher War Zone...
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2009, 12:32:27 PM »
I can imagine alot more casual movie goers being confused as to why this was introducing Frank/Punisher after the last Punisher movie was only a few years ago. Such a quick reboot just seems dumb to me.

Then again i did see the Incredible Hulk in theatres, but never saw Hulk.
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2009, 03:56:45 PM »
iv never stayed awake through hulk, but i thought Incredable Hulk was pretty good. Punisher War zone was just bad, but it did have its moments. You could tell it was made by Lionsgate though. Punisher is a character who's not to far from batman. The Dark Night is a praisable movie on every level. Where are the action scenes? There are a few run in gun scenes but no vehicle chase scenes. He's a vigilante the cops have to be more after him. Die Hard, Terminator, Batman tunnel stuff. Cars must be flipped, things must explode. That was severely missing. I wish i was a faster writer....
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Snipper64

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
    • Snipper64
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2009, 04:34:09 PM »
Well, I enjoyed it, of course I think it was more gory then the watchman movie, but that is debateable.

Anyways, they did a good job betraying him, while he had his bike, I really wanted to see his armored van/car. Also, I have NEVER seen a movie where the person with the fewest lines is the main character.... Punisher has diffrent ways of "talking".
I am matter...I am antimatter...I can see your past...I can see your future...I consume time...and I will consume you!

VOTE FOR CHOANIKI! you know you want too...