Author Topic: Pokemon Platinum Rotom Codes Insert  (Read 12126 times)

Offline BlkPaladin

• Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Minkmultimedia
Pokemon Platinum Rotom Codes Insert
« on: April 01, 2009, 04:03:19 AM »
Shamin isn't the only Pokmon getting a new form in Platinum. Contained within the game is an insert that contains one of five codes to get one of the five new forms of Rotom. It says you can share the code the with friends. I have the code for the Grass type. (Mow Rotom)

The code is 7W6O3M5. (The O in the middle I'm guessing is the letter. I haven't redeemed mine yet since I have to get the mystery gift option working and input the code on the games offical site.)

The other new on is Garintina and the origin form.
Stupidity is lost on my. Then again I'm almost always lost.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
Re: Pokemon Platinum Rotom Codes Insert
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2009, 04:09:05 AM »
So you have to enter it on the site?
I misplaced my code leaflet from the game box but when I find it I'll post it here for you. I got the Fan Form code. Does this change it's type? I like it being electric/ghost.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline BlkPaladin

• Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Minkmultimedia
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2009, 04:18:46 AM »
Ok the codes are for a wallpaper and when you get all five you get something fun. There is a key you have to get the new forms. And it going to be a special event item i guess that is all I can find.

The code is enter at www.pokemonplatinum.com/rotom

That is all the information I have right now. The insert is a little misleading until you read it all. I just scaned the insert at first.
Stupidity is lost on my. Then again I'm almost always lost.

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2009, 02:20:09 PM »
This only works with Platinum right? :(
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2009, 02:30:40 PM »
I don't play Pokemon but I'm suspicious that this is a joke.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2009, 02:54:37 PM »
Trust me, it's not. It's one of Nintendo's selling points for the game. Five new Rotom forms along with Giratina origin form and Shaymin's sky form. It's them making new pokemon without the extra numbers.
My Game Collection

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2009, 04:46:58 PM »
Are there any new Pokemon in Platinum? New forms are not new Pokemon. There are 493 Pokemon, not 510+ (which is what you would have adding in the different forms of Pokemon like Deoxys).
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2009, 04:53:10 PM »
What happens if you trade one of these special forms back to diamond or pearl? I'm assuming they revert to boring Rotom.
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2009, 05:38:19 PM »
I haven't tried that as I have yet to get the key off of the WFC. I guess you have to getit at a special event.

I'll test to see if Rotom changes once I get the key and trade it with my sister.

I'm going to guess they will stay because previous special pokemon and what have you from other versions were secretly included ahead of time by the developers. Mew was a secret for a good year or two before it was revealed, right?

No there are no actual new pokemon (like new numbered ones). There are 494 total, TJ Spike, I think you forgot Arceus.

Also, my sister wanted me to point out that if you got one of the Regigigas from the special D/L promo last month then if you import it to Platinum then 'something special happens'. Her mystery gift card that came with the pokemon D/L said this. We haven't sent it over to mine yet but we'll go ahead and try that today.
My Game Collection

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2009, 06:02:01 PM »
No there are no actual new pokemon (like new numbered ones). There are 494 total, TJ Spike, I think you forgot Arceus.

No, i'm not actually. There were 490 default Pokemon you could get. Arceus, Shaymin, and Darkrai bring the total up to 493. Arceus is #493: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Pokemon
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2009, 06:15:11 PM »
OK, my sis was counting both forms of Shaymin as individual numbered entries. 493 it is.
My Game Collection

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2009, 09:26:48 AM »
Are there any new Pokemon in Platinum? New forms are not new Pokemon. There are 493 Pokemon, not 510+ (which is what you would have adding in the different forms of Pokemon like Deoxys).

510?  Don't forget Unown - there's 28 of that bugger alone...
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2009, 10:59:29 AM »
What are there, 5 deoxys forms too?  It's silly to count based on forms, especially if the forms aren't permanent.
---------------------

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2009, 11:13:00 AM »
510?  Don't forget Unown - there's 28 of that bugger alone...

Haha, you are right. That would make it over 530.

Pale is right. Nintendo also does not count them as separate Pokemon. So as of right now there are 493 Pokemon.