Author Topic: Sam & Max Season One Release Date Set  (Read 1655 times)

Offline NWR_Neal

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
Sam & Max Season One Release Date Set
« on: September 23, 2008, 12:25:10 AM »
Telltale Games' popular PC adventure series makes its Wii debut on October 7. Also, GameStop is offering a pre-order disc with bonus content.
 http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/newsArt.cfm?artid=16726

Telltale Games announced last week that the first season of their popular dog and rabbit detective adventure series, Sam & Max, is coming to Wii on October 7. Containing six episodes, Sam & Max Season One combines point-and-click adventure games with the pacing of a TV show.    

Sam & Max's point-and-click interface has always been a clear candidate for Wii Remote integration, but the Wii version also contains some new features, including widescreen support and a tutorial for new players. The game will retail for the same price as the original PC season one package: $29.99.    

In addition to the announcement of the game's release date, Telltale also announced the pre-order deal offered at GameStop. Anyone who reserves the game will receive a CD with bonus content varying from a behind-the-scenes featurette to desktop wallpapers.    

Release date for Sam & Max Wii set for October 7 in North American retail stores    

GameStop offers preorder deal to celebrate console debut of "gaming's  first sitcom"    

SAN RAFAEL, September 17, 2008 – Telltale and The Adventure Company   are announcing that the highly-anticipated Sam & Max Season One for   Wiiâ„¢ will be in retail stores across North America starting October 7.   Thanks to this console debut, for the first time Telltale's   award-winning comedy series can be enjoyed in the comfort of the   living room, bringing you closer than ever to the experience of  playing your favorite television show.    

The Sam & Max series is structured like a TV series, with   self-contained episodes that tie into a larger overarching storyline   as the season progresses. The Wii version collects the first   six-episode "season" of Sam & Max games on one retail disc. In Season   One, straight-laced canine detective Sam and his psychotic   "rabbity-thing" sidekick Max are on the hunt for the mastermind behind   a baffling hypnosis conspiracy. Players get to interrogate suspects   (with amusing results), uncover clues, solve puzzles, and ultimately   piece together the underlying mystery that links the episodes.    

The story-focused gameplay and simple "point and click" interface have   a low learning curve, and a new tutorial ensures that even players new   to the Sam & Max experience will be up to speed in minutes. Sam & Max   Season One for Wii also has a few technical improvements over the PC   original, including widescreen support.    

To welcome the arrival of the first Sam & Max console game, GameStop   (NYSE: GME) is offering a special preorder deal. Customers who reserve   the game in stores or through GameStop.com before the October 7   release will receive a CD containing Sam & Max bonus content,   including a behind-the-scenes "making of" featurette, trailers,   concept art, a soundtrack sampler, and desktop wallpapers. More  details can be found here:   http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=72515.    

Sam & Max Season One for Wii will retail in North America for $29.99   (USD). Release information for Europe and other territories will be   announced soon. A trailer, screenshots, and additional game details  can be found at the official website: http://www.samandmaxgame.com/wii.

Neal Ronaghan
Director, NWR

"Fungah! Foiled again!"

Offline Nick DiMola

• Staff Alumnus
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
    • PixlBit
Re: Sam & Max Season One Release Date Set
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2008, 11:56:15 PM »
Perfect pricing on this one to encourage a purchase from me. I'll be there on day 1.
Check out PixlBit!

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2008, 01:42:14 AM »
Screw this, I want season TWO, how often do I have to say that?

Offline Schadenfreude

• It's human nature
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2008, 08:35:27 AM »
Perfect pricing on this one to encourage a purchase from me. I'll be there on day 1.

I hope you plan on reviewing it. I'm rather interested to see if it's worth getting over the PC version.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2008, 10:56:25 AM »
Thirty bucks? Sign me up.