Author Topic: The "stuff I made thread"...  (Read 11512 times)

Offline wulffman04

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Re: The "stuff I made thread"...
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2008, 02:49:50 AM »
you never said what you thought of my music, was it that bad?

I've only listened to a couple songs, what I heard was decent. Slightly cheesy (like I can talk), but good.  Somewhat repetitive sounds. I liked a lot of the ideas, but some of the layers just didn't fit together very well... Definite props though.
Follow the Hobo <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hobo#Hobo_code">Code![/url]

Offline animecyberrat

• Official NWR Lindsay Lohan Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2008, 04:14:54 PM »
I wish I knew what songs you listened to cuz by your description I can't tell if you heard the good ones or not. It's cool though.
"You can call me THE RAT, thank you very much"

Offline wulffman04

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2008, 11:04:00 PM »
I wish I knew what songs you listened to cuz by your description I can't tell if you heard the good ones or not. It's cool though.
Well... my favorite electronica artist is Tiesto. I actually don't listen to that much techno. Oh (that reminds me), so a freaking awesome dj (artist) who lives down the road and used to go to the same highschool as I makes some amazing techno. Here is his webpage: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=543972 You should check him out.
Follow the Hobo <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hobo#Hobo_code">Code![/url]

Offline animecyberrat

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2008, 01:04:18 AM »
it sucks showing techno music to non techno fans, cuz they usually don't get it. The problem is everybody wants vocals, and I don't do vocals very well. I tried being a rapper, that was not very good.

Offline wulffman04

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2008, 02:44:36 AM »
it sucks showing techno music to non techno fans, cuz they usually don't get it. The problem is everybody wants vocals, and I don't do vocals very well. I tried being a rapper, that was not very good.

One of the reasons why I listen to techno, is because there is usually not a whole lot of vocals. And when there is it usually revolves around the rythem or pitch (instead of lyrics). Personally, I hate rap... it's just my opinion though. There are some (rap) songs out there there that I can listen to, but the majority of rap, is not my kind of music. I have to give it to them though, it's hard to be a decent sounding rap artist.

Offline Nick DiMola

• Staff Alumnus
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
    • PixlBit
« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2008, 10:26:04 AM »
My uncle is actually a techno artist and from what I'm told was pretty critical in pioneering the genre. He has a MASSIVE following overseas particularly in Europe and Japan. His name is Joey Beltram and you can find some of his music on his myspace page.

Not really a fan of techno so I can't really comment, most of it just sounds like noise to me...
Check out PixlBit!

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2008, 11:56:48 AM »
My roommate in collage used to listen to your uncle's stuff.  Not exactly my cup of tea, but he enjoyed it enough.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline wulffman04

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2008, 11:14:38 PM »
My uncle is actually a techno artist and from what I'm told was pretty critical in pioneering the genre. He has a MASSIVE following overseas particularly in Europe and Japan. His name is Joey Beltram and you can find some of his music on his myspace page.

Not really a fan of techno so I can't really comment, most of it just sounds like noise to me...
Very cool... I don't really like his style of techno. But it's awesome to hear about people in the industry.

Offline animecyberrat

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2008, 12:38:37 AM »
OK Ya'all got my newest single up now. Actually it's new to the myspace page but it was the first single from my ONLY commercially released album from Mean Green Records. I would have uploaded it a while back but believe it or not I didn't even savea  copy of the CD for myself, yeah what the hell. Anyways go to www.myspace.com/djserialkilla22 and check out the newest song on the list, Go For What You Know, and wulffman04 let me know what you think of it, this was the ONLY song I had on the radio so it was my big accomplishment that year.

Offline D_Average

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2008, 05:01:17 PM »

I think I heard him spin once at a "rave" a LONG time ago....He definitely a great artist.
Don't hate me, hate the money I see, clothes that I buy
Ice that I wear, clothes that I try....