Author Topic: Grid Coming to Nintendo DS This Summer  (Read 1844 times)

Offline NWR_Karlie

• twitter.com/JonLindemann
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 30
    • View Profile
Grid Coming to Nintendo DS This Summer
« on: February 13, 2008, 03:24:24 AM »
Race on circuits based on real motor sport locations, edit the tracks, and climb the global online leaderboard.
 http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/newsArt.cfm?artid=15268

GRID™ coming to Nintendo DS™ this summer, complete  with street creation system    

It's all about creating the race -  GRID™ set to define portable racing.    

BURBANK, Calif. - February 12, 2008 - This summer, take inspiration from  competing in the world's most exciting racing cars on legendary circuits  and iconic city streets and then get creative with the most powerful  track editor in portable gaming, as Codemasters® announces that a  special edition of GRID™ is coming to Nintendo DS™.    

Set to launch simultaneously with the home console and PC versions, the  Nintendo DS edition has been specifically designed for the handheld and  is set to offer the most complete pick-up-and-play handheld racing  package, complete with stunning visuals.    

GRID will deliver intense, incident-packed wheel-to-wheel racing against  aggressive AI opponents to create a breathtaking race experience, all  the way from the grid to the flag. Accessible handling will enable  gamers to jump straight into the action, while a huge career mode  includes championship and race events. Quick fire challenges offer a  fast fix of racing for gamers on-the-go and include time trials, speed  tests and chase events.    

Bringing a new world of motor sport to life, players will race at  beautifully realized and diverse locations across three continents. In  Europe, race prestige marques on the world's most famous circuits  including Spa and the Nurburgring. In the U.S., compete in powerful  muscle cars through the streets of San Francisco to Washington DC.  Taking the race to Japan, experience the unique exhilaration of drift  racing on the neon-lit streets of Shibuya and then compete in Touge  events, downhill races that are just barely legal.    

Exclusively for the Nintendo DS edition, GRID will feature the evolution  of the critically acclaimed track editor, first seen in Race Driver™:  Create and Race™. With over 60 individual pieces, the creation system  offers near-limitless design options, including the ability to  personalize trackside hoardings and billboards. Players will be able to  craft complete championship circuits in detail or, using the simple  Free-Draw tool, create and race within minutes.    

Extensive online and multiplayer options let players compete in  adrenaline pumping four-player races, climb to the top of global online  leader boards for every race event, or share up to four individually  created tracks with up to four players in the ultimate custom race  series. Gamers can also upload and download new tracks to GRID servers.    

With a stunning selection of real-world settings, outstanding racing  cars, a powerful track editor and incredible graphics, GRID is the most  exciting, fun and feature packed racing game you can fit in your pocket.  Developed by Firebrand Games, the team responsible for the award-winning  Race Driver: Create and Race, the Nintendo DS edition of GRID is coming  summer 2008. To register for future driver briefings and get a place on  the grid, be sure to visit www.grid-game.com.    

The Nintendo DS edition of GRID is rated "E" (Everyone) by the ESRB.    

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
Re: Grid Coming to Nintendo DS This Summer
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2008, 04:37:00 AM »
WOW, an EVOLUTION of the incredible track creator in Create and Race? That's going to be phenomenal. I'm so happy they made another one despite the lack of sales for Create and Race, i'll be here day 1 for this once again. Best racing franchise on the market. Now if only Codemasters can take Nintendo seriously enough to make a proper Wii version. I guess that's not going to happen with nintards having no clue what this series is about. Hopefully people who were interested in Create and Race but didn't buy it will end up buying this. Come on guys, jump in, this has "accessable" handling!

What i'm really hoping for is the DS version to be good enough to not have to buy a 360. I know it can't possibly be as good but a good improvement on Create and Race will be amazing and i'll be apples with that. Hopefully they add open wheel cars to this too! I really missed that from the original.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2008, 04:43:17 AM by Mario »

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2008, 11:11:13 AM »
I bought Create and Race.

I did my part.
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline Mario

• IWATA BOAT!?
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2008, 11:53:17 AM »
I applaud you good sir, we should have a race someday.

Speaking of opponents, I hope the AI is a bit better in this one because they were pretty wild and random in the first one.