Author Topic: Potent Pokemon Pre-Sells  (Read 2501 times)

Offline Jonnyboy117

• Associate Editor
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 37
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
Potent Pokemon Pre-Sells
« on: August 18, 2004, 02:54:14 PM »
Fire Red and Leaf Green are top sellers even before their U.S. release.

THEY'RE BAAAACCCCKKK!!!!!!

Nintendo's Pokemon FireRed and Pokemon LeafGreen Pre-Selling Twice As Fast As Previous Pokemon Releases!

In just the first 15 days of August, hungry Pokemon fans have already reserved more than 150,000 copies of Pokemon(R) FireRed or Pokemon(R) LeafGreen for Game Boy(R) Advance - a rate more than 200 percent ahead of the 2003 Pokemon(R) Ruby and Pokemon(R) Sapphire pre-sell. Pokemon Ruby and Pokemon Sapphire went on to rank No. 2 and No. 3 in video games sold in the United States that year.

Pokemon FireRed and Pokemon LeafGreen will be available Sept. 7 at an MSRP of $39.99 each. The games will come bundled with the new Game Boy(R) Advance Wireless Adapter, which will let players trade, battle and chat with one another with no connecting cords. Those reserving copies in advance at participating retailers also receive a copy of the Pokemon Pocket Trainer's Guide.

"The advance sales on the Pokemon Ruby and Pokemon Sapphire versions last year were phenomenal - combined, they sold through more than 4 million games in America alone," says George Harrison, Nintendo of America's senior vice president of marketing and corporate communications. "This pre-sell indicates more than twice the player interest!"

THE LAMB IS WATCHING!

Offline Syl

• O_o
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE: Potent Pokemon Pre-Sells
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2004, 03:22:16 PM »
I am one of those presells.

go me?

Offline joshnickerson

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE:Potent Pokemon Pre-Sells
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2004, 03:47:48 PM »
I was hoping that the "Pokemon Trainer's Guide" they offered was going to be a comprehensive Pokedex, you know, finally listing every single Pokemon you could capture across all the versions... but when I got a look at it, it just was a newbie recap of information I've long since saturated into my brain. So no pre-sell for me

Offline 3rdrocket

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2004, 06:32:26 AM »
At least the pictures in the guide are pretty
Fuzzy eybrows!

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2004, 06:34:06 AM »
This just completely boggles my mind, especially at that price.  
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2004, 10:59:41 AM »
What's about the price? That's less than 40 Euros.

Offline Syl

• O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2004, 01:39:57 PM »

Originally posted by: joshnickerson
I was hoping that the "Pokemon Trainer's Guide" they offered was going to be a comprehensive Pokedex, you know, finally listing every single Pokemon you could capture across all the versions... but when I got a look at it, it just was a newbie recap of information I've long since saturated into my brain. So no pre-sell for me

I got it for the map of Kanto, which is now placed up on my wall.

There are a few interesting things in that guide, mainly the shiny cover.  Overall its just propaganda though.