Author Topic: New Kirby Game Launches in Europe  (Read 2749 times)

Offline WindyMan

• It was the dog.
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
    • WindyMan's Roller Derby Notes
New Kirby Game Launches in Europe
« on: July 02, 2004, 05:24:21 AM »
Because we broke the news that The Amazing Mirror is out, we now have 7½ years bad luck.

KIRBY 'SLICES' BACK INTO ACTION

Kirby, the beloved warpstar knight in training is back in an adventure so big, he needs four times the assistance! After a dark presence takes over the great mirror in Mirror World, Kirby and co. must keep evil at bay before it takes over Dream Land. Kirby & The Amazing Mirror launches across Europe on Game Boy Advance on 2 July 2004.

Not so long ago, the mirrors of Mirror World started to reflect only "bad things" and everything started to change for the worse. Once Meta Knight realized what was happening, he immediately set out to rescue Mirror World.

Kirby on the other hand was out enjoying a pleasant stroll when suddenly a strange jet-black caped Meta Knight appeared in front of him. Without warning Meta-Knight attacked Kirby with his sword and split Kirby into four with each Kirby being a different colour! As the jet-black Meta Knight flew off into the sky, the four Kirbys leaped onto a nearby Warpstar in hot pursuit.

The four Kirbys must collect mirror shards to unlock a secret path which leads to the final world, freeing Mirror World from any danger. By using Kirby's famous copying abilities, from the arrow-shooting Cupid to a melee of Smash moves, players guide their character through a series of themed worlds. Each world ends with a boss battle, which when completed earns players another piece of the mirror needed to unlock the final path.

Players can keep in contact with the other Kirbys at all times by using his mobile phone. This supplies players with the edge to finish a level or the extra manpower needed to solve difficult puzzles.

Players can experience new challenges in the game by linking up with their friends via a Game Boy Advance Game Link Cable. Up to four players can play simultaneously in the main game and enjoy lightening fast fun in the sub-games Crackity Hack, Kirby Wave Ride and Speed Eaters.

With his ability to inhale vast objects and copy an array of moves, players will enjoy turning into fireballs, UFOs and shooters to defeat whatever they may encounter. Kirby & The Amazing Mirror features a host of all new Kirby action including copying abilities based on his attacks in Super Smash Bros. Melee, all of which are guaranteed to leave players hungry for more!

Kirby & The Amazing Mirror will be available able across Europe from 2nd July, at the estimated retail price of around 40 Euros.

Steven "WindyMan" Rodriguez
Washed-up Former NWR Director

Respect the power of the wind.

Offline ralph98201

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:New Kirby Game Launches in Europe
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2004, 08:09:49 AM »
why no american release?!?!??! NORTH AMERICA NEEDS YOU KIRBY! tell whoever's in charge of distribution that you'll steal their *powers* if they dont bring you  to america...
Mario Kart 64... no better game exists.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
RE: New Kirby Game Launches in Europe
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2004, 09:46:07 AM »
10/18/04

^_^
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline mouse_clicker

• Pod 6 is jerks!
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2004, 09:59:13 AM »

Because we broke the news that The Amazing Mirror is out, we now have 7½ years bad luck.

That was a horrible, horrible joke and I demand Windyman apologizes.
"You know you're being too serious when Mouse tells you to lighten up... ^_^"<BR>-Bill

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2004, 01:52:08 PM »
I agree.

But Kirby rocks.  Provided I have sufficient funds, I am getting this game.
HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2004, 02:08:02 PM »
Let's see there are four Kirby's... all different colors...

Something seems familiar here...
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Hostile Creation

• Hydra-Wata
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2004, 07:49:38 PM »
Hey, Kirby did different colored multiplayer before Four Swords ever came out.  Don't you hate on the puffball.

HC: Honourary Aussie<BR>Originally posted by: ThePerm<BR>
YOUR IWATA AVATAR LOOKS LIKE A REAL HOSTILE CREATION!!!!!<BR><BR>only someone with leoperd print sheets could produce such an image!!!<BR>

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2004, 10:53:12 PM »
Maybe Nintendo's trying to make up for the fact that they released the previous GBA Kirby game in Europe a year and a half later than the US. Thumbs up for Nintendo's pathetic delays with games that have minimal text to translate.

Offline DrZoidberg

• Secreted by the Internet Bee
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2004, 11:20:02 PM »
but they had to translate it from NTSC to PAL am i rite/
OUT OF DATE.

Offline Uncle Rich AiAi

• Abandoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2004, 11:43:03 PM »
are you sure DrZ?  I though they converted it from NTSC to SECAM, then to PAL, then NTSC, and to PAL again....

Offline Infernal Monkey

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2004, 02:59:04 AM »
"Thank you for purchasing this Nintendo game cartridge; 'Road Fighter'. Please note this game will only work on a MATTEL Nintendo Entertainment System (PAL- AUS)"

Oh I see!

Offline ATimson

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2004, 03:37:53 AM »

Originally posted by: DrZoidberg

Nope, you're very, very wrong. Unlike GameCubes, there's no difference in Game Boy Advance hardware between regions; the screens operate at the same frequency and resolution everywhere in the world. That's why there's no region lockout in the hardware.

Grr. Argh.

Offline DrZoidberg

• Secreted by the Internet Bee
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2004, 03:53:22 AM »
then why do my gameboy discs not work on my brazillian xbox? i donot understand
OUT OF DATE.

Offline Infernal Monkey

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2004, 03:56:53 AM »
I tried running a Master System game on my Game Boy Player and was very angry and tired when I found out my Game Boy Player wasn't hooked up to my PS2 right. There was just no place to connect it, so I broke the PS2 in half and made soup. I'm in the middle of sueing Nintendo for twenty seven cents for emotional stress now.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2004, 07:30:55 AM »

Originally posted by: ATimson

Originally posted by: DrZoidberg

Nope, you're very, very wrong. Unlike GameCubes, there's no difference in Game Boy Advance hardware between regions; the screens operate at the same frequency and resolution everywhere in the world. That's why there's no region lockout in the hardware.

More like sarcasm am i rite?
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~