Author Topic: Dance dance revolution  (Read 4010 times)

Offline Caterkiller

• Not too big for Smash Bros. after all
  • Score: 74
    • View Profile
Dance dance revolution
« on: March 15, 2003, 01:37:58 PM »
I just started playing dance dance revolution in an arcade, and I love it! I know it's on one or both of the PlayStations, but has there been any word on it for the GCN? I really really want this game in my home, and im not willing to buy a PS2 for it.  
Nintendo players and One Piece readers, just better people.

RomanceDawn

Offline Mingesium

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Dance dance revolution
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2003, 01:49:47 PM »
Konami makes it so don't expect it to come to GCN. You could get PS1 and DDR Konamix.

Offline kabalcage

• View Profile
Dance dance revolution
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2003, 02:17:59 PM »
I highly doubt there will be a DDR for the Cube.  But as you know, there's ones for the PS1&2, N64 (just one Disney), and one for the DC.  Plus you can play the game on your PC and get a PSX-to-USB plug to play it if it was on your PS1.  Really, you should just buy a PS1 and some of the import mixes and Konamix.  DDR Maxx for the PS2 is horrible, Konami couldn't license any songs worth playing...if you were to buy a PS2, get the import DDR games, they're much much better.

Hope that helps

Offline Hybrid Hunter

• First title that's onrine
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
Dance dance revolution
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2003, 05:12:54 PM »
Well, maybe Nintendo could make their own DDR game with some innovative stuff hehe.
Or just strike a deal with Konami like they've done with other companies (sega, ea, capcom...)

Offline Blair Foxx

• View Profile
Dance dance revolution
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2003, 05:44:06 PM »
What you could do is download a program called Stepmania or Dance with Intensity (DWI).  You can get all the DDR songs and lots of fan made songs and play them on your computer.  Get a PSX controller -> USB converter so you can use a dance mat and you're all set.

Offline Nephilim

• View Profile
Dance dance revolution
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2003, 11:25:59 PM »
U can buy DDR in USA for windows, just go to a local store and ask them to get it
anyway PS2 in japan only has just got DDR6....when DDR8 is out in arcades
the music is already 2years old on the ps2 version

Sega also have there own DDR machine, u have more luck getting them to port it over
Its one of those annoying 5 step ones thu, its called dance rave or something like that

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
Dance dance revolution
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2003, 11:45:14 PM »
Bah, DDR's more fun at the arcades anyway. You can look like a dumbass in front of many people! THINK OF THE EXCITEMENT!

Offline PIAC

• is actually agentseven
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
Dance dance revolution
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2003, 11:52:21 PM »
heheheheh ive never been game to have a go at one of those games... might one day, depends if im drunk or not

Offline dafunkk12

• View Profile
Dance dance revolution
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2003, 02:13:34 PM »

Sega also have there own DDR machine, u have more luck getting them to port it over.  Its one of those annoying 5 step ones thu, its called dance rave or something like that

Err...All I'm aware of are their maracca, tambourine, and drum games.  Maybe you're thinking of Dancing Stage:  Disney Rave (aka DDR Disney Mix) for the name.  And as for the 5-step game, that's probably Andamiro's Pump It Up, which came out pretty much the same time as DDR, so it is NOT A RIP-OFF!!!  I will admit that it is far more likely to turn off people with its higher difficulty, so they're also more likely to be an ass and just say it sucks.

Offline Nephilim

• View Profile
Dance dance revolution
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2003, 08:21:58 AM »

Originally posted by: dafunkk12<brErr...All I'm aware of are their maracca, tambourine, and drum games.  Maybe you're thinking of Dancing Stage:  Disney Rave (aka DDR Disney Mix) for the name.  And as for the 5-step game, that's probably Andamiro's Pump It Up, which came out pretty much the same time as DDR, so it is NOT A RIP-OFF!!!  I will admit that it is far more likely to turn off people with its higher difficulty, so they're also more likely to be an ass and just say it sucks.

They have it in the city (tilt), its just a Pad (kinda like ddr's but alot cheaper) and a big screen with some lights on the side and the speakers, which again arnt super great. the base under the screen must be were the chips are...
its go one foot stamping part in the middle and the rest in the corners.. the machine has a big sega sticker on it, the music on it I have never heard before, pretty much noname people.
Its 1dollar coin operated compared with the 2dollar DDR machines
Im not sure if its still there, they keep swapping and modding them, the whole back part were the machines is full of ddr clan tags, which really sucks

anyway there are some winamp pugins which are pretty good, which simulate DDR.

Offline dafunkk12

• View Profile
Dance dance revolution
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2003, 06:02:00 PM »

one foot stamping part in the middle

Wait, does the middle button have two feet and say STOMP?  'Cause that's PUMP's setup.  I guess I could do a little investigation on the myriad of music-game sites, but I'm lazy.

And have any links or names of those DDR-izing WinAMP plugins?

Offline Nephilim

• View Profile
Dance dance revolution
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2003, 01:59:07 AM »
diet diet revolution is one winamp plugin, which works on dwi files if i remember correctly.
I stopped playing on winamp after i got some gameboy ddr/dance mania roms.
im not sure what it was called, im going down to the city this saturday night, so ill pop in for a while and check.

anyway im guessing sony have bought the rights, since after ddr3... no other games came out on gameboy
and the only other games i can think of is the playstation versions and the 1 hawaii/usa PC game

isnt britneys dance beat coming to gc also soon? it a dancing game but a sad one at that