Author Topic: Selling off some DS games  (Read 4192 times)

Offline bosshogx

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • Monday Night Crew.com
Selling off some DS games
« on: September 28, 2009, 08:32:50 AM »
* Don't know if this is posted in the right place, so mods feel free to move it if needed. *

Hey guys, I'm looking to sell a few of my DS games.  The titles in question are Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon and Freshly Picked: Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland.  Both games are the UK versions so they are translated into English already.  I've got a copy of Final Fantasy III (American version) w/the Brady Hint Book.  I'm looking for $15 each w/$5 to cover shipping.  If anyone wants more than one the shipping can be combined.  Finally, I have a case only for Advance Wars: Days of Ruin with all of the paperwork and instructions perfectly intact.  It would be great for someone who only has the cartridge.  Someone can have that, paying only the cost of shipping.

I do have a single Wii game to get rid of as well.  The Japanese version of Tatsunoku vs Capcom.  I only played it a few times and didn't really care for it.  With the American version coming out in the not so distant future, I get that no one will be interested, but it doesn't hurt to ask.  Looking for about $30 plus shipping.

PM me if you're interested in anything or have questions.  If I get no bites, I'll go with Ebay I guess.  Just thought I'd throw them out here since you guys would appreciate the games more and I know they'd be in a good home.

Edit: Forgot the FF3 game.
Edit 2: Forgot the Tatsunoku vs Capcom game.   :D
Edit 3: Forgot the Conduit game.  (see 3rd post) :)
« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 02:57:32 PM by bosshogx »
www.mondaynightcrew.com
A video game webcomic that's updated every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
Wii 2338-1768-8759-4933
Planet Puzzle League 180490-316211
Advance Wars 171922-891988

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
Re: Selling off some DS games
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2009, 01:43:10 PM »
I'll take Tingle.  ;D
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline bosshogx

• View Profile
    • Monday Night Crew.com
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2009, 02:56:07 PM »
I'll take Tingle.  ;D

Looks like rbtr beat you to it, but if he's willing to pass on it then it's all yours.

I also found one more game that I'm unloading.  The Conduit on the Wii.  Say $25 plus shipping for that as well.
www.mondaynightcrew.com
Wii 2338-1768-8759-4933

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2009, 03:03:40 PM »
Heh, Tingle is like 5€ new in bins around here, I guess he didn't sell many games...

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2009, 03:05:49 PM »
Looks like rbtr beat you to it

Phooy.  :(

Heh, Tingle is like 5€ new in bins around here, I guess he didn't sell many games...

Buy them and start exporting them to the US.  You'll make a bundle.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline rbtr

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2009, 06:00:45 PM »
Sorry vudu, I'll let you get the next one...

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2009, 07:19:16 PM »
Not a problem.  You really should post what you want in the thread so you don't get others' hopes up! 

Offline bosshogx

• View Profile
    • Monday Night Crew.com
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2009, 08:19:58 AM »
Well, Tingle is gone.  I still have Fire Emblem, FF3 w/hint book, the free AW:DR case, import Tatsunoko vs Capcom, and the Conduit up for grabs.
www.mondaynightcrew.com
Wii 2338-1768-8759-4933

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2009, 02:32:30 AM »
I would like to get fire emblem, but given international borders and banking, I have no idea how I would pay you with out eating more fees than a unpaid parking ticket. New Zealand btw. I also assume that is USD. If you have any ideas, I would be happy to take you up on the offer.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline bosshogx

• View Profile
    • Monday Night Crew.com
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2009, 11:50:43 AM »
I would like to get fire emblem, but given international borders and banking, I have no idea how I would pay you with out eating more fees than a unpaid parking ticket. New Zealand btw. I also assume that is USD. If you have any ideas, I would be happy to take you up on the offer.

Some quick google searches have given me some estimates.

Game is $15 US dollars = $21 NZ dollars (found here)
Shipping is $13 = $18 NZ dollars (found here)

Looks like the total would be $28 US dollars ($39 NZ dollars) and 6-10 day shipping.  Whatcha' think?
www.mondaynightcrew.com
Wii 2338-1768-8759-4933

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2009, 12:45:57 PM »
That sounds good, but you miss understood the question a little. The question is HOW would I pay you. If I did an international bank transfer I eat a one off $25NZD fee which costs more than the game!. I can get that down a little more, but the question still remains. And don't suggest paypal since they are an unregulated mess I wouldn't touch with anything that didn't deserve to die.

HOW would I pay you without incurring such high fees that doesn't involve sending cash through the mail(Asinine)?

I could send you something that can only be found in NZ, but I figure you want cash. This is the land of milk and honey. (Also a lot of cow waste for said milk). I also could buy something online of near equivalent value.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline bosshogx

• View Profile
    • Monday Night Crew.com
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2009, 07:36:00 PM »
That sounds good, but you miss understood the question a little. The question is HOW would I pay you. If I did an international bank transfer I eat a one off $25NZD fee which costs more than the game!. I can get that down a little more, but the question still remains. And don't suggest paypal since they are an unregulated mess I wouldn't touch with anything that didn't deserve to die.

HOW would I pay you without incurring such high fees that doesn't involve sending cash through the mail(Asinine)?

Ah, good point.  Ummm, I don't know.  You could send me Virtual Console games, but I bet that won't work since I assume you're in the European market.  Let me think on it.

I could send you something that can only be found in NZ, but I figure you want cash. This is the land of milk and honey. (Also a lot of cow waste for said milk). I also could buy something online of near equivalent value.
www.mondaynightcrew.com
Wii 2338-1768-8759-4933

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2009, 05:39:18 PM »

Paypal isn't that bad. I use it. All I did was link it to my bank card and they just take money out like Amazon or any other online store would. That way there is no worries about balances or what-not in the Paypal system. They do charge a US Dollar for money transfers not tied to eBay but I've never been charged for more than that.

Granted, the friend I gave money to that way was a US resident like myself so I have no idea if they have a different policy to deal with foreign money/conversions. But I have yet to have an issue with Paypal. I think I have used it to pay for foreign orders but they were all through eBay which does the currency conversion for you.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast