Author Topic: PS3 has a good game out now  (Read 2668 times)

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
PS3 has a good game out now
« on: February 08, 2007, 11:56:00 AM »

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
RE:PS3 has a good game out now
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2007, 12:27:15 PM »

Originally posted by: S-U-P-E-R
http://www.gamersreports.com/news/4667/tekken-5-dr-in-ps3-store-in-japan--gr-usa-workaround/

If I were a millionaire I'd buy one

Not sure I would consider Tekken a great series anymore, it has declined quite a bit.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2007, 12:57:01 PM »
I beg to differ, DR is really good. It offers some pretty good fixes on T5.0.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
RE: PS3 has a good game out now
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2007, 08:28:27 PM »
I don't like even the basic system of Tekken, those canned combos are way too annoying to remember.

Offline capamerica

• ^______^
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
RE: PS3 has a good game out now
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2007, 02:38:42 AM »
So their "good" game is a port of a Arcade game that has already been ported to the PS2 and PSP....
"Alright, you know what? I'm just giving in and looking at the breasts."
Crow ~ MST3K
<BR>-- I like my food like I like my women Chinese, Japaneses, Korean, Filipino, Vietnamese and Hot! --

Offline JonLeung

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2007, 02:52:19 AM »
I was never a big fan of Tekken for some reason.  I like the panda (named Panda?), I guess, just because I like any panda bear in anything.

If I want a Namco fighting game, I'd play probably play a Soul Calibur game instead.

Even if I was a Tekken fan, I don't think it would be enough to consider the PS3 as a purchase.  I mean, the only Xbox 360 game I'm interested in that's not also for the PC (as far as I know, yet) is Dead Rising but I'm not going to get one just for that.  It takes more than one or two or three or even a handful of exclusive games.  I need to believe that there will be a dozen must-own games in its lifetime.  Or maybe I'm just too much of a PC/Nintendo fan (though my brother did buy a Dreamcast off of eBay which included a few games like Soul Calibur).

Other than Soul Calibur II for the GameCube (and featuring Link), and probably some shoddy Tekken GBA game, what Namco fighting games are there for Nintendo systems?

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2007, 03:34:15 AM »

Originally posted by: capamerica
So their "good" game is a port of a Arcade game that has already been ported to the PS2 and PSP....

Tekken 5 Dark Resurrection isn't out on PS2. And you can't play it with your friends on your PSP! The thing is, here, that a great deal of stuff that you could use in Tekken 5.0 (LOL STEVE LOL) is rendered null and void in arcade DR, and you can't practice the new characters/moves/combos at home, either. Why they didn't just port it to PS2 is beyond me.

Even if I was a Tekken fan, I don't think it would be enough to consider the PS3 as a purchase.
I'm not saying it is, unless your income is crazy expendable, but to be able to play the "real" version of Tekken 5 is, for me, the very first incentive I've seen. (That and bragging to the internet that you hacked the gibson to get an HK region download)

Other than Soul Calibur II for the GameCube (and featuring Link), and probably some shoddy Tekken GBA game, what Namco fighting games are there for Nintendo systems?

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
RE: PS3 has a good game out now [Tekken 5 Dark Resurrection]
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2007, 04:03:59 AM »
Why they didn't just port it to PS2 is beyond me.

Perhaps sony required a game for the PSP and PS3 from Namco before they'd be allowed to publish on the PS2 again?

Offline darknight06

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:PS3 has a good game out now [Tekken 5 Dark Resurrection]
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2007, 04:46:12 AM »

Why they didn't just port it to PS2 is beyond me.

Only one group of people would've bought the game and that's the hardcore tournament players.  Nobody else would've touched it on PS2 for no other reason than the fact that for a lot of people it would've been Tekken 5 with Lili and Dragunov and truth be told they probably have Tekken 5 already.  Nobody else takes Tekken seriously enough for the differences between 5 and DR to have even mattered, hence putting it on PSP would've gave it a better shot at life since they wouldn't have to market it as Tekken 5, they could market it as an exclusive handheld entry to Tekken which is exactly what they did.  They called it Tekken Dark Ressurection instead of Tekken 5 DR for a reason.

Offline segagamer12

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2007, 04:50:48 AM »
I didnt liek 1 or 2 but i LOVED 3 a lot, it was one of only 4 games I had for PSx, I didnt care for tag much and SC is ok but they both are reall very similar. I prefer Tekken more because its harder and has more serious looking players, SC is way too easy, I can beat it ona  single quarter, tekken I ususaly take .50 to beat.

You can call me
THE RAT thank you very much
check out http://www.myspace.com/phatrat1982

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
RE: PS3 has a good game out now [Tekken 5 Dark Resurrection]
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2007, 05:37:20 AM »
Isn't Virtua Fighter 5 out for the PS3 now in Japan?

~Carmine "Cai" M. Red
Kairon@aol.com
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2007, 12:26:29 PM »

Originally posted by: darknight06Nobody else would've touched it on PS2 for no other reason than the fact that for a lot of people it would've been Tekken 5 with Lili and Dragunov and truth be told they probably have Tekken 5 already.

I don't buy it. I think it would have done just fine at the greatest hits price.

Notice the cost of the download is only about $15 USD.