Author Topic: Super Paper Mario 4/23/07 ???  (Read 2367 times)

Offline Martin Q. Blank

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Super Paper Mario 4/23/07 ???
« on: February 07, 2007, 10:15:19 AM »
Looks like the rumored April release date for Super Paper Mario may be true after all.  

Gamestop has a release date for 4/23/07 and box art for the game.  

Clicky

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE: Super Paper Mario 4/23/07 ???
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2007, 10:21:48 AM »
rumored?  It's printed in Nintendo Power.
Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline Martin Q. Blank

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
RE:Super Paper Mario 4/23/07 ???
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2007, 10:38:34 AM »
Rumored or not.  I don't read Nintendo Power.  Last, I heard it was coming out in April.  The link just adds more confirmation.  That is all.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2007, 11:24:13 AM »
Nintendo Power sucks as an official magazine of Nintendo of America. They never have any exclusive news or anything.

Offline Louieturkey

• Terrifying fantasies
  • Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2007, 12:06:24 PM »

Originally posted by: Adrock
Nintendo Power sucks as an official magazine of Nintendo of America. They never have any exclusive news or anything.

Except for that news about Super Paper Mario coming out in April.  Wasn't reported anywhere else until NP hit the street.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2007, 01:15:39 PM »
Someone likes pointing out minor discrepancies in my posts....

Nintendo Power rarely gets any big exclusive news or anything. Happy? All I'm saying is that you'd think the magazine would have a semi-consistent flow of insider Nintendo news to offer.

Offline UltimatePartyBear

• Voice of Reason
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2007, 03:33:43 AM »
It used to.  Then the Internet happened.  I gave up my Nintendo Power subscription when I realized the reason everything in it sounded so familiar was that all the news had already been printed almost verbatim on the website.

Offline JonLeung

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2007, 04:13:01 AM »

Originally posted by: PartyBear
It used to.  Then the Internet happened.  I gave up my Nintendo Power subscription when I realized the reason everything in it sounded so familiar was that all the news had already been printed almost verbatim on the website.
Same here.  I started with the awesome Dragon Warrior (NES) deal (they gave out the game!) way back in Jan. 1991 (Mega Man III issue).  Then I stopped in December 2001 (Super Smash Bros. Melee).  I only resubscribed later for the bonuses, so I got the Zelda Collectors Edition Disc and a couple other things, but then it ended again in Jan. 2007 (The Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess).

Funny how both of my "final issues" are of the big Nintendo games that are at the start of a new console's life.  You'd think that would be reason enough to subscribe, but no...

If Nintendo Power can't have exclusive info, they should have exclusive (and regular) bonus stuff.  Maybe demo discs are passé now with downloadable content, but that would've been enough to keep me going.  Or Wii Points cards.  Or something along those lines.

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2007, 04:22:43 AM »

Originally posted by: Adrock Nintendo Power rarely gets any big exclusive news or anything. Happy? All I'm saying is that you'd think the magazine would have a semi-consistent flow of insider Nintendo news to offer.

How do we even know NP is right?

These ARE the people who thought the Fourside level in SSBM was a Joanna Dark level and thought the Zelda Temple belonged to Kid Icarus...
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram