Author Topic: Two DSs (DSes?) and one ID?  (Read 4063 times)

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
Two DSs (DSes?) and one ID?
« on: April 16, 2007, 05:50:30 PM »
Is there any known way to make two DS systems have the same WiFi Connection ID?  Now that I have a DS Lite, I find it aggervating that I can only go online with one of my two units (or having to transfer the data back and forth).  If my wife is playing a game on either of the units, I'd like for the other to be free to play games as well...
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
RE: Two DSs (DSes?) and one ID?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2007, 05:55:08 PM »
Do you ever beat your wife?
[/pun]
Now, seriously, I don't think that's possible.  From what I can tell, they built the systems to disallow ID sharing of different systems.  An alternate solution could be to leave the ID of some games on one DS and the ID of others on the other DS.  That way you could play online anytime your wife is playing something, though it might not always be what you want to play.  

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2007, 05:56:48 PM »
What use is a wife unless you beat her?

But not at Dr. Mario.  I swear, she's crazy at that game...

Anywhoo, I know that *officially* there's no way to do it, but there's gotta be a work around...
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline ryancoke

• 200k avatars lol!
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2007, 03:35:53 AM »
I don't get it?  So if you have two DS' you can't use them both online? Shouldn't each DS have it's own wifi account?
My Wii Code:
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Jesus Saves.....after he passes each level

Offline UltimatePartyBear

• Voice of Reason
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2007, 03:53:32 AM »
He wants to use the same account on either DS.

When you do the voodoo to transfer one DS's settings to another, does it change everything on the first one?

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2007, 08:15:59 AM »
Yes, I have to DS units and I want to be able to use the same account (and thus, any Wi-Fi game I have on either unit at any given time without earasing all the friend codes I typed in) on both units.

When you use the official method of transferring the system's stored Wi-Fi data, the older system deletes the data after sending it.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2007, 08:45:09 AM »
Is there anyway to trick the unit into never receiving the completion message?  That way it would just assumed it failed and knowing Nintendo the delete is after the completion message.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline UltimatePartyBear

• Voice of Reason
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2007, 08:48:20 AM »
The only method I can think of would be to use a PC to analyze the exchange between the two DSes during the transfer, figure out how to get the PC to impersonate the sending DS, and then use the PC to transfer the data again.  Maybe if you ask around on homebrew sites, someone will be inspired to develop the software.  I know that the protocol used to serve demos has been hacked, so it may have already been done.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2007, 09:32:40 AM »
why don't each of you stick to one DS?

Offline WuTangTurtle

• aka ShaolinKilla
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2007, 12:40:41 PM »
I'm remembering the original pokemon game where you could cheat and turn off one system enabling you to basically cloning a good pokemon and sending another into another dimension basically, lol.  Anybody know if that warning message about powering off a system during a game save is really that dangerous?  I guess you could attempt this with your next wifi enabled game, that way if the game gets corrupted or something you could easily return it.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2007, 04:32:41 PM »
I don't think you could corrupt the game since the Eeprom save is basically on a different chip than the actual game itself. It might be possible, so I'm not telling you to try it. Also, don't most DS games have a "save reset" feature where you can delete your saved info before or as the game is booting? Maybe it was just Nintendogs...
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline BlkPaladin

• Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Minkmultimedia
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2007, 03:51:04 PM »
Well when making the first connection the game does warn you that it treats the Game and the DS as a combo. (It's one of the pet peves about the DS's online functionality.)
Stupidity is lost on my. Then again I'm almost always lost.

Offline Nick DiMola

• Staff Alumnus
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
    • PixlBit
RE:Two DSs (DSes?) and one ID?
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2007, 02:22:17 PM »

Originally posted by: UncleBob

Anywhoo, I know that *officially* there's no way to do it, but there's gotta be a work around...

What is it with significant others (women) and Dr. Mario! My fiancee is ridiculously good at it and I swear there is no way I could ever beat her at it...

Check out PixlBit!

Offline Chessa

• is full of rage!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2007, 02:28:19 PM »

Originally posted by: Mr. Jack

Originally posted by: UncleBob

What is it with significant others (women) and Dr. Mario! My fiancee is ridiculously good at it and I swear there is no way I could ever beat her at it...

You feel like less of a gamer don't you! Don't forget that I kick your ass at Tekken too :P

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2007, 03:18:15 PM »
This is one of the funniest dupe accounts I have seen in awhile. Bonus points awarded for having the same signiture even though one can see the friend codes are the same. I like that. Telling the world you just don't care.

Or is it that you have two DSes and one ID?
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.