Author Topic: I HATE the US Postal service...Plus bad week  (Read 3092 times)

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
I HATE the US Postal service...Plus bad week
« on: December 21, 2006, 03:44:12 AM »
The Postal service has been ruining my week like crazy. Last week SB sent a care package with some of the prizes he got from the Naruto contest, along with his copy of Elite Beat Agents. Technically, the package should've arrived by now. Its been a week since its been sent and NOTHING has arrived...

I am angry as hell because I am severely bored with nothing to play and it seems the fates are doing everything they can to prevent me to get some gaming joy.

There are still no Wiis, my ASS of a friend lost my copy of Dragon quest VIII and the Postal service are either taking their sweet time with the package or they lost it for good...

Been having an annoying week because of this...
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
RE: I HATE the US Postal service...Plus bad week
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2006, 03:47:50 AM »
my ASS of a friend lost my copy of Dragon quest VIII

Good thjing the saves are kept on a memory card so once he buys you a new one ou can use your old saves.

Offline nitsu niflheim

• Eye-Candy Andy
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2006, 03:51:19 AM »
USPS is not known for always being consistent.  Priority mail is suppose to be like 2-3 days but you should really expect it to be more like 5-7 days, USPS does not fully guarantee delivery times, not even for Next Day, they can be 2-3 days for that (and don't mean counting weekend, I mean you could mail out on Monday and it won't get there until Wednesday or Thursday, a ripoff if you ask me).

Generally they are pretty good, but what gets me is that trying to track anything with a tracking number for a package or letter sent through USPS is sorta like a nightmare.  They never update anything online, until like after you get something.  

This is what you get with a quasi-Federal institute.  
Currently Reading:  Odd Apocalypse ~ Dean Koontz
Currently Watching:  ?

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2006, 03:52:07 AM »
SB is giving you free goodies?  I want free goodies.  
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram

Offline NWR_pap64

• View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2006, 05:34:03 AM »
I just went to check again and STILL no sign of the package...I must look like an idiot coming to the counter asking for the SAME package,

What irks me is that I have NO CLUE about the package. All I know is that it was "shipped". I don't know if they have delivery confirmation, if its secured or if the package was sent by air or sea.

Its the uncertainty of the package that has me worried and frustrated. Like I said, the package could be either lost for good or still lying around in the offices.  
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline matt oz

• APPLES!
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2006, 08:40:11 AM »
It's only been a week, calm down.

One time it took me 2 weeks to get a Priority Mail package coming from Brooklyn.  I live in New Jersey, about an 80 minute drive from Brooklyn.

And that was in the summer, not during the BUSIEST SHIPPING TIME OF THE YEAR.

If it really bothers you so much, go freeze yourself in a snow bank for a few weeks, then when you wake up, you'll have your package and you'll be able to buy a Wii with no problem.
Wii Code:  7894 - 4898 - 7716 - 3649

Offline NWR_pap64

• View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
RE:I HATE the US Postal service...Plus bad week
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2006, 09:15:00 AM »

Originally posted by: matt oz
It's only been a week, calm down.

One time it took me 2 weeks to get a Priority Mail package coming from Brooklyn.  I live in New Jersey, about an 80 minute drive from Brooklyn.

And that was in the summer, not during the BUSIEST SHIPPING TIME OF THE YEAR.

If it really bothers you so much, go freeze yourself in a snow bank for a few weeks, then when you wake up, you'll have your package and you'll be able to buy a Wii with no problem.

Yeah, I know I should calm down. Its just that I've been having rotten luck in this week, and its been frustrating the hell out of me.

Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline JonLeung

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2006, 09:30:09 AM »
It's Christmas time.  The generally-pretty-good-lately Canada Post is now having difficulties in some areas around here because of understaffing.  With all the cards and parcels in the mail, slowness ought to be expected, and there are probably other people waiting too.

At least you live in the US, which means you can order a lot of stuff without having to pay for customs.  >_<  I hate how us Canadians have to do it when ordering American stuff, especially when it comes close to the cost of the product itself!  Or more, easy when you include shipping and handling.

The Planet GameCube E3 2002 DVD cost me close to $70 (Canadian) at the time, factoring in everything I had to pay, shipping, handling, customs...I feel gypped.  Sure, it's to support this site but PGC probably only got what I paid for the DVD, and this was before the free T-shirt deal, too.

Not that your week doesn't suck, because it does.  I'm just saying that things could be worse, especially with regards to mail.  At least they haven't confirmed that they lost your stuff...that would be pretty bad.

Offline WuTangTurtle

• aka ShaolinKilla
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2006, 11:18:42 AM »
The Planet GameCube E3 2002 DVD cost me close to $70 (Canadian) at the time, factoring in everything I had to pay, shipping, handling, customs...I feel gypped.  Sure, it's to support this site but PGC probably only got what I paid for the DVD, and this was before the free T-shirt deal, too.

At least u got yours, I've never recieved mine.  Oh well....

On a good point I ordered Elebits and Elite Beat Agents and UPS will be delivering it to me in like 5 days with free shipping!

I hope your luck turns around for you pap64

Offline NWR_pap64

• View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2006, 07:46:42 AM »
GOOD NEWS EVERYONE!

The package arrived today! It came an hour before the office closed. Everyday in the package came fine and the box itself had no signs of tear or damage.

Also, I will be getting a new copy of Dragon quest VIII for XMAS, but I WILL ask for the money.

All I need is to find a Wii and everything should be in order .
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline NWR_pap64

• View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2006, 02:17:06 PM »
You know what? Scratch that...we are DONE looking for a Wii for the holidays.

We decided to wait till April for my nephew's birthday. Hopefully by then there will be plenty of systems (if by then there are STILL shortages something is going on...).

As for me, I am so bitter about this Wii business that I might even get one AT ALL.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline WuTangTurtle

• aka ShaolinKilla
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2006, 03:12:22 PM »
wow waiting till April, good luck not going insane.  I'd load up on DS games till then if I were u.

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2006, 06:08:19 PM »

As for me, I am so bitter about this Wii business that I might even get one AT ALL.
Damn man, I can't even begin to understand how that logic works. I don't have a Wii yet either, but when I get one it will be all the more sweet..
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2006, 07:11:16 PM »
Isn't ToysRUS supposed to have a buncha Wiis this weekend?

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2006, 11:26:12 PM »
wow waiting till April, good luck not going insane. I'd load up on DS games till then if I were u.

I don't think he'll miss much TBH, only reason I have a Wii already is because I figured it'll get more interesting games before it gets a price cut.

Offline NWR_pap64

• View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2006, 06:51:28 AM »

Originally posted by: WuTangTurtle
wow waiting till April, good luck not going insane.  I'd load up on DS games till then if I were u.

The Wii isn't for me, its for my nephew. I decided a long time ago to try and not go overboard when desiring material possessions, as much as I want the Wii I don't need it and I can wait. I waited nearly 3 years for it to be released and I am waiting for it to be fully in stock, I think I can wait another year or two. Its not like I will NOT play it. If all goes well SB will bring his Wii over when he comes to visit next week, and if my nephew gets a Wii in April we'll play that, then in summer when I come to visit Cap and SB we'll play on their Wiis, so its not like I will never play the thing.

And yeah I was bitter about it last night, mainly because it caused an argument last night and I felt bad because I was the one that mentioned the Wii, but after I talked about it everything was cleared up.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline segagamer12

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2006, 08:16:24 AM »
I have never had any problesm with USPS and I live in the middle of nowhear Nevada.  
You can call me
THE RAT thank you very much
check out http://www.myspace.com/phatrat1982

Offline Artimus

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2006, 04:18:57 PM »
Can't be worse than Canada Post (which is NOT nearly good lately). They're totally useless.

Offline Athrun Zala

• Tween Idol
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • TM!
« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2006, 01:17:59 PM »

Originally posted by: JonLeung
At least you live in the US, which means you can order a lot of stuff without having to pay for customs.  >_<
indeed, if I order something from the US (or anywhere else....) I have to pay a hefty 80% of the total of the order (that means the 80% of product+S&H+tax if applicable...), which really sucks, especially considering that not long ago you could import anything, as long as it's cost was below $50..... (I guess too many people cheated XD)

that's why I'm Wii-less
Quote from: [b]Professional 666[/b]
JOIN MY ASS

IT'LL BE LOTS OF FUN
Best. Quote. Ever. XD