Author Topic: New Racing game  (Read 2909 times)

Offline Perfect Cell

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
New Racing game
« on: March 18, 2003, 01:01:45 PM »
http://cube.ign.com/articles/389/389847p1.html

Great news indeed, especially with the news that V Rally was cancelled for the Cube. It doesnt have a publisher just yet, but IMHO Nintendo themselves should step up and publish the Game in USA.  I played the GBA racers from them and they are pretty good.

Offline Nintendork SP

• View Profile
New Racing game
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2003, 04:48:53 AM »
Nintendo probably won't pick up on the job if it sucks, maybe Atlus though.  Atlus was the publisher of Cubivore(which rocked) after all.
Going to war without France is like going fishing without an accordion.
-----------------------------------------------------
When I was I child I caught a fleeting glimpse.

Offline Segnit BGS

• View Profile
New Racing game
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2003, 06:58:13 AM »
For the record, V-rally is not cancelled for the Gamecube. At the time of writing, the game is only cancelled in North America… The truth is V-Rally could never have been cancelled in Europe. Even when it was first declared as cancelled on Nintendo.com; the thought of it being cancelled here in Europe never even crossed my mind, as that decision would be totally illogical and stupid. Why? Because the Playstation 2 has had great autosport games like GT3, V-Rally, Colin McRae Rally and WRC 2 Extreme for far too long now. The same goes for Xbox… They have had Ralli Sport, Project Gotham and Sega GT for ages now leaving little room for killer racers. Basically European fans on either the Xbox or PS2 have no insecurities regarding the racing genre. In Europe if people want racing they buy a PS2 or an Xbox. On Gamecube however there is nothing serious… no contest whatsoever, as Burnout 2 is really, primarily suited for the American consumers (Just as V-Rally is suited mostly for Europe). Nintendo Europe has done everything they could to secure V-Rally 3 (even if sales will pale in comparison to anything). As a conclusion I am inclined to believe that there are no self respecting autosport and soccer loving gamers in Europe who have a Gamecube as a primary console.

On a side note, there is something that I have been meaning to get of my chest for a while now. No matter how much I love Nintendo, I hate them for not signing Boss Games Studios as an exclusive second party, especially since they still don’t have the genre covered. To Nintendo it was really like saying “we don’t care” to the fans. It really gets on my nerves when I think about it… and it’s probably the truth. The reality of the situation is, I still haven’t gotten over the fact that Nintendo simply let the happy family over at Redmond slip into the void of oblivion. Arghh…  

As for GT Cube, I really have no reason to doubt that it’s going to be a Gran Tourismo killer… but somehow I don’t think that my grand fantastic GT 3 A-Spec will be dethroned anytime soon… if ever, especially by a rookie developer (if you want to count GT Advance...)! The best thing that MTO (or the whatever publisher) could do to pique interest, is to stay quiet about this game, as any new publicity disclosed on the project can and will lessen its status. By the way, GTcube is supposed to launch in Japan in April, which is worryingly close.

Name: Silent Hill
Favourite Song: Track (Turok 2)
Wish: PD2, GT4, MGS 3, JFG 2, F1 WGP 3 .
Updated Wish: Halo 2, The Twin

Offline Perfect Cell

• View Profile
New Racing game
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2003, 07:03:10 AM »
Well i thought it looks cool, the Cel Shaded graphics look awesome on racing games. We wont get Auto Modelista but i hope Nintendo publishes it in USA so we can get some racing action here... seing as how racing games have been so-so on the Cube. Unless your a future racing game fan. If so then your set. Tube Sliders, XGRA and FZero

Offline sequoia

• View Profile
New Racing game
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2003, 10:36:03 AM »
Iv'e been waiting for f-zero since i got my cube. This year is full of my faverite genre: RACING! XGRA, f-zero, tube slider, burnout! I think mario kart is being released this year to. By the way? has there been any official news reguarding the name for f-zero GC?  
I am what I created. Believing in my fate. Integrity is my name.
All that I am doin, can never be ruined. The Torn Outlaw.

Offline Kai

• View Profile
New Racing game
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2003, 07:21:04 PM »
I wish Nintendo would take an interest in Ratbag games....they make both realistic (dirt track) and arcade sytle racers that get great reviews and are are much under-rated imo. I do think we need more quality realistic racers on the Cube, and a Power Slide game on the Cube would be phenomenal.