Author Topic: Microsoft is a genious  (Read 2123 times)

Offline z64dan

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Microsoft is a genious
« on: November 17, 2006, 05:51:03 PM »
That topic doesnt really make sense, but who cares...

In 2001 Microsoft and Nintendo had to rush the release of the Xbox and Gamecube to keep up with Sony's 2000 PS2 launch worldwide. Microsoft said "I'm tired of that crap" and Nintendo was working at their own pace happily anyway, so Microsoft releases the 360 about a year before they probably could have released it. Now Sony is stuck, every day more 360s are sold and every day another BD-rom manufacturer sells diodes to a BD-player instead of to Sony.

Eventually after being totally rushed they come out with 300,000 consoles with only 6-20 PS3's in each store. At this manufacturing rate it seems impossible to catch up with microsoft... Not just DEMAND-wise but like, physically impossible to make enough freakin diodes.

Now you can pretty much buy a 360 AND a Wii for the price of a PS3 and a couple accessories. How exciting! I'm so happy for Nintendo. I really liked about 20 gamecube games but I think the Wii is just gonna make me even happier!
Zelda. For life.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
RE: Microsoft is a genious
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2006, 06:03:03 PM »
extra o ftw!!!
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline WuTangTurtle

• aka ShaolinKilla
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2006, 06:23:42 AM »
It really doesn't matter that Microsoft has the ability to manufacture more than Sony.  If Sony an prove that their graphics and their sports, racing, fighting, and first person shooters are better than the 360 then people will wait for Sony.  It reminds me of E.T. for Atari, they manufactured tons more of the game than the console and had to bury the games in a landfill.

Surprisingly enough I think the 360 has the strongest footing.  PS3 is unproven to be a graphical powerhouse over 360, and isn't proven to be a profitable platform (only +60,000 games sold in Japan, thats not even a 1:1 ratio for games to console sales).  The Wii still has a lot of naysayers and not all 3rd parties have announced game development for them yet.

Oh and the word Microsft and genius, that my friend has to be a typo.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2006, 06:41:22 AM »
Microsoft has done a LOT well. They got out earlier, they have a great hardcore online experience, they have downloadable titles (good ones!) AND they have great western-style titles. PLUS they're easily accessible by indie developers: students and hobbyists can get a MS programming environment license for $99 a year and they can use C# and DirectX to program games for both the PC and X360!

... that said they're only sold 160k consoles TOTAL in japan, AND they're not doing too hot in europe either. AND they're still at a high price point... though that may be rectified soon. Really, when you look at their console number breakdown, their only healthy market is America, and even here they're being outsold by both the DS and PS2.

~Carmine M. Red
Kairon@aol.com
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 410
    • View Profile
RE:Microsoft is a genious
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2006, 06:54:55 AM »
"AND they're still at a high price point... though that may be rectified soon."

Have you seen how much they are losing per console? that High price isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2006, 06:55:58 AM »
Reports suggest that MS is actually breaking even on the premium or even making a tiny profit.

...that is unconfirmed though...but still.

~Carmine M. Red
Kairon@aol.com
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2006, 07:41:35 AM »
Microsoft is making a lot of money back on peripherals and game licensing royalties so it is true Microsoft is breaking even on 360 but Microsoft is smart of being persistant and its actually helping them that they made the system a build it your self type of thing like choose what you think you will need rather than Sony's cram everything in the box especially in this time arround the proprietary optical medium drive.  
PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2006, 07:45:22 AM »
It really doesn't matter that Microsoft has the ability to manufacture more than Sony. If Sony an prove that their graphics and their sports, racing, fighting, and first person shooters are better than the 360 then people will wait for Sony.

Ahaha, yeah, good luck with that.

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2006, 08:24:22 AM »

Originally posted by: KDR_11k
It really doesn't matter that Microsoft has the ability to manufacture more than Sony. If Sony an prove that their graphics and their sports, racing, fighting, and first person shooters are better than the 360 then people will wait for Sony.

Ahaha, yeah, good luck with that.

Thats a bad comment by the original poster since hype for something not existing equals to bitching about vaporware and then bitching about X company not being able to deliver to consumer demands which already happened to Sony by countless media groups.
PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.

Offline Pale

• Staff Layton Hat Thief
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
    • PaleHour
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2006, 09:23:41 AM »
This has been discussed many times over and we need to try and keep this forum clean.  Try not to make new threads that basically say "I don't know what to talk about but I wanted to make a thread!"
:: I was an active staffer forever ago, or was it yesterday. Time is an anomaly. Father of two boys.
---------------------
:: Grouvee :: Instagram