Author Topic: FIFA Hits the Street Again  (Read 1245 times)

Offline Jonnyboy117

• Associate Editor
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 37
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
FIFA Hits the Street Again
« on: February 28, 2006, 12:22:27 PM »
FIFA Street 2 ships today for GameCube and Nintendo DS.

EA’S FIFA STREET 2 SHIPS TO STORES TODAY    

In-game juggling, and over-the-top tricks offers new way to win!

REDWOOD CITY, Calif. – February 28, 2006 – Electronic Arts (Nasdaq: ERTS) announced today that FIFA Street 2, which features gifted Manchester United star Cristiano Ronaldo on all packaging worldwide, has shipped to retailers under the EA SPORTS BIG™ brand. FIFA Street 2 captures the flair and skill of soccer in an arcade videogame experience that features real players performing over-the-top tricks in authentic locales around the world.    

Ronaldo is the new face of FIFA Street 2 after bursting onto the international scene with Manchester United in 2003, where his ball skills and tricks earned him a reputation for being one of the world’s most exciting and electrifying wingers.      

“This is quite an honor to be the new face of FIFA Street 2," Ronaldo said.  â€śThe game mirrors the same ideals and philosophies that I use in my approach to everyday football. I played on the street growing up where I had many one-on-one battles, so it’s exciting to be a part of the EA SPORTS family and contribute to a style of football I’ve been playing all my life."    

FIFA Street 2 builds upon the arcade game experience of the original that was launched last year with a greater emphasis on skills battles, a larger selection of tricks, including for the first-time ever in-game juggling, and a new way to win with Game Breaker. In addition, FIFA Street 2 introduces signature moves for the world’s most skillful star players, juggling mini-games, 10 new venues and a customization package that allows you to create your own soccer playground, your own characters and your own way to play. An overhauled Artificial Intelligence system and advancements in gameplay, including Trick-Stick defense and user control of the goalkeeper, make this new game distinguish itself from the original.    

With 320 players to choose from, including the superstars of the game, legendary street masters, or a created character, players can rule the streets and make names for themselves by mastering an arsenal of tricks in FIFA Street 2.      

Developed in Vancouver, B.C., by EA Canada, the studio which is also home to the popular NBA STREET and best-selling FIFA Soccer franchises, FIFA Street 2 will be available on the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system, Xbox® video game system from Microsoft, and Nintendo GameCube™.  The game also will be available for the first time on the PSP™ (PlayStation®Portable) system and Nintendo DS™. FIFA Street 2 is rated “E" (Everyone) by the ESRB with a MSRP of $29.99. The official game website is www.fifastreet2.com.

THE LAMB IS WATCHING!

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
RE: FIFA Hits the Street Again
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2006, 01:46:34 PM »
So it's $30 US on all the systems? EA only has to sell one copy on DS to cover the cost of development.  

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
RE: FIFA Hits the Street Again
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2006, 11:57:52 PM »
It's 30$ on all systems in the US because noone there cares about FIFA. It'll be entirely different in Europe.