Author Topic: Friend Code Limit  (Read 2791 times)

Offline thepoga

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Friend Code Limit
« on: November 24, 2005, 11:11:39 AM »
Since there's a friend code limit at 60... what's going to happen with the Wi-Fi friend code message board for mario kart? It's already over 70 friend codes and as someone said, it only works if everyone adds everyone. Maybe it should be organized into "leagues"? Anybody else have ideas?

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
RE: Friend Code Limit
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2005, 01:13:43 PM »
Just let people add whoever they want and hope someone else on their list has their code.  If not, play one of the other three online modes where you're guarenteed a match.  If you're someone who doesn't post much or just joined for friend codes, then why not play random?  It's the same thing, even if you're part of this forum, no one might know who you are.

first sentance, first sentance, first sentace....Hypocrite was a greek philosopher
kka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wa

Offline wandering

• BABY DAISY IS FREAKIN HAWT
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • XXX FREE HOT WADAISY PICS
RE:Friend Code Limit
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2005, 12:10:12 AM »
I know this'll be a pain, but I think the only sensible thing to do is to PM EVERYBODY who you add to your friends code (and, if somebody sends you a pm, reply with whether or not you're adding them). If everyone did this, nobody would have to fill up they're friend code list with people who aren't adding them back.

Oh, another idea I had - and this'll be an even bigger pain- is that on game nights (sunday night is now pgc mario kart night, yes?) everyone who's playing could edit their messages in the friend code thread with a message like "I'm playing tonight (11/16/07)" and then everyone would add everyone who's playing - ensuring no one gets left out.
“...there are those who would...say, '...If I could just not have to work everyday...that would be the most wonderful life in the world.' They don't know life. Because what makes life mean something is purpose.  The battle. The struggle.  Even if you don't win it.” - Richard M. Nixon

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2005, 10:19:54 AM »

Originally posted by: KnowsNothing
If you're someone who doens't post much or just joined for friend codes, then why not play random?  It's the same thing, even if you're part of this forum, no one might know who you are.

Seriously, what the heck?
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2005, 10:21:57 AM »
i thought the same tyhing...having loads of friends codes is just as random as else....eventually we'll have favorites to play against.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2005, 11:16:00 AM »
I was saying this...if you're someone who lurks and just signed up so people can have your friend code, well, there's really not much point.  If you're not part of the community, than you might as well play Worldwide or Regional, because either way you're basically anonymous.  There's really not much point in having strangers on your Friends list.

I was more or less saying that I don't think anyone actually has 60 friends to add to their list.  If you're at the limit you've probably added people you don't know at all on there, which is stupid.

I DON'T CARE ABOUT RELEVANCY

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2005, 12:39:46 PM »
Um, my post was agreeing with KN's...The "what the heck?" is directed towards those silly people that give out friend codes to people they don't know...
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline Arbok

• Toho Mikado
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
    • Toho Kingdom
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2005, 02:18:29 PM »

Originally posted by: KnowsNothing
If you're not part of the community, than you might as well play Worldwide or Regional, because either way you're basically anonymous.  There's really not much point in having strangers on your Friends list.

Well there is the assumption that those who are part of PGC will be less likely to disconnect from matches, although I'm hardly a fair judge in that considering the only person I have played from PGC is Chris (Mario) who stomped me pretty hard on his way to the top...
Toho Kingdom

@romero_tk

Offline KnowsNothing

• Babycakes
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2005, 03:09:48 PM »

Um, my post was agreeing with KN's...The "what the heck?" is directed towards those silly people that give out friend codes to people they don't know...

Oh

Offline RABicle

• Used to be The Finisher
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2005, 09:36:10 PM »
Say Alex is friends with Robin and Sam. But Robin and Sam don't have each others friend codes, they can still compete through Alex. So as long as every PGCer has each other even if it's jsut a loose connection it's still possible for us to all play online togethor.

But I mean really. This is a friends list. cbesto isn't my flaming friend, I'm not adding him. I heard he's a wanker who drops anyway.*
Pietriots  - Post ironic gaming log.

Offline Berto2K

• This could be you, at E3.
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2005, 09:56:39 PM »

Originally posted by: thepoga
it only works if everyone adds everyone. Maybe it should be organized into "leagues"? Anybody else have ideas?

Nope wrong!  as Rab said as long as you have one person, and the other person has someone else, you can meetup.  One of my first online races was with Bloodworth and Mattvdb (sp?).  I have bloodworth on my list, but not Matt.
Pietriots, we roll out to get the lol out.

Offline RABicle

• Used to be The Finisher
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2005, 04:03:34 AM »
* Source: The Piss Weekly
Pietriots  - Post ironic gaming log.