Author Topic: I just got a wireless router  (Read 1915 times)

Offline BeyondtheGrave

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
I just got a wireless router
« on: July 25, 2005, 05:48:26 PM »
I bought it off ebay and when i got it i turned out to be a used router. And i was wondering if thier was anyway i could test to make sure the wifi on it works? I know that they that part you plug network cables in works fine but the only wifi device i have is my Ds.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
RE:I just got a wireless router
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2005, 06:36:17 PM »
Unless it has the Ralcom chipset needed to communicate with the DS...then no. Well, you can get a wireless PCI card or USB adapter for your PC and test it that way.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Renny

• Satin
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
RE: I just got a wireless router
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2005, 07:39:32 PM »
Ralcom? The DS is 802.11b, if the router is 802.11b/g it'll work. If you want to ensure the router is functioning, just leave your signal unsecured--a neighbor will probably jump on your connection evenually. Then you must gather the lynch mob. The heathenist radio thieves! They're stealing your waves!
"... i only see pS2s at the halfway house so its those crazy druggies playing them." - animecyberrat

Offline Strell

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2005, 07:49:57 PM »
People have been able to wirelessly boot using Ralink card/router sets.  The DS itself can function on these but it's proprietary from what I know.

Look up some of the other wireless threads here.  I know I posted lots of information in one of dems, but I'm too lazy to track it down right now.
I must find a way to use "burninate" more in my daily speech.

Status of Smash Bros Online bet:
$10 Bet with KashogiStogi
$10 Bet with Khushrenada
Avatar Appointment with Vudu (still need to determine what to do if I win, give suggestions!)

Update: 9/18 confirms t

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2005, 05:54:40 AM »
Ralink, that's what I meant. I know you can use any 802.11b/g router once the DS goes online, but until then you can't do much of anything with your DS and router together.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA